Artist in Residence
The Fairmont Empress pioneered Victoria's Artist in Residence program in November 2010 with the addition of a local artist from Victoria. The artist resides daily in the hotel in a designated studio to display their art and cultivate their art. Guests are free to interact with the artist and purchase their works. The hoteliers of Victoria have since embraced the program and it has expanded to other hotels in the community. To learn more of The Fairmont Empress' artist in residence, click here.
Gallery hours vary, generally running Wednesday through Sunday from 9am to 5pm, at the artist's discretion. Please contact the hotel for more information.
The hotel has a list of reputable and certified babysitting services available while staying at The Fairmont Empress. Please note these services are provided by a third party company.
For information and reservations, please contact Royal Service at 250 384 8111 or click here to email us.
Bell and Porter Services
Bellmen are located in the Reception Lobby of the hotel. They will be happy to assist with porterage, luggage storage and may provide assistance in transporting luggage to many arrival and departure points within the downtown core.
In addition, Fairmont President's Club member enjoy complimentary car service in the immediate downtown core in our house BMW X5. Please see the Front Desk or Porter's Desk upon arrival for further details.
Victoria is one of Canada's most cycling-friendly cities with its beautiful scenary and temperate climate, making it a year-round cycling destination.
The hotel is pleased to provide some of the following bicycle services:
- Transportation - most all modes of transportation provide access and assistance with bicycles including BC Ferries and the Victoria Clipper. See our transportation partners for more information on access to Vancouver Island and Victoria.
- Trails - a variety of trails for bicycles are located in close proximity to the hotel including the Galloping Goose Trail and Beacon Hill Park.
- Fairmont Empress bicycles - we provide access to BMW bicycles to Fairmont President's Club members. Bicycles are first come, first serve with a limited amount of bicycles onsite. Please enquire with our Concierge for details.
- Rentals - Rentals are located in close proximity to the hotel including The Pedaler.
- Storage - the hotel provides a limited amount of bicycle storage for guests. Please contact the Concierge for more information.
Check-In and Check-Out Time
The Fairmont Empress' check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Should you require an earlier arrival and a later check out, please contact us prior to your arrival to arrange.
A professional team of dedicated Concierge are available in the Reception Lobby from May to September. Our Concierge are delighted to assist with all your needs pre-arrival and while staying at The Fairmont Empress.
Whether arranging dinner reservations, theatre tickets and providing directions to major attractions, we are here to provide outstanding service that you have come to expect at Fairmont.
Personalized Concierge services are available year-round to guests staying on the Fairmont Gold Floor. Click here to learn about the exclusive benefits and privileges of staying on Fairmont Gold.
For further details, please contact us at 250 384 8111 or click here to email us.
The Housekeeping Team at The Fairmont Empress are pleased to provide cribs, rollaways, bed boards and other specialty items as available. They also handle all requests for lost and found items. Twice daily housekeeping or turndown service are available upon request.
The Fairmont Empress is pleased to provide high-speed internet access (HSIA) and WiFi in all our guest rooms, public spaces and meeting rooms.
The charge for guest room internet service is CAD $15.62 including taxes. Fairmont President's Club members receive complimentary internet service and further details are available here.
The Fairmont Empress provides an onsite Business Centre for your convenience. Click here to learn more.
Same-day dry cleaning and laundry services are available seven days a week. Laundry bags and price lists are located in the guestroom closet. In order to guarantee same-day delivery, items must be ready by 9:00 a.m for return by 6:00 p.m.
Overnight Hotel Guest Parking is $30 per night per vehicle. Rate includes in-out privileges until 4pm on your check out date.
24hr Valet Parking and Doorman services are available at the Reception Lobby entrance for the same price as the self parking rate - $30 per vehicle.
Luggage Assistance (when parking)
- If you have a large amount of luggage, we suggest you stop by the Reception Lobby entrance to allow the Doormen and Porters to assist with unloading your car before parking.
- If you require luggage assistance from the parkade, please dial 250 384 8111 from your cell phone, indicate the parkade level and parking stall number and a Porter will be happy to assist you.
Underground Parking - Instructions
- Please take a ticket from the dispenser
- Park your vehicle in any space that is not marked “reserved”
- If you park on Level 1: please proceed to the entrance marked by the large painted HOTEL sign at the North end of the parkade. Walk through the hallway and take the Parkade elevator to the Reception Lobby level.
- If you park on Level 2: please proceed to the entrance marked by the large painted HOTEL entrance sign at the North end of the parkade.
- Take the staircase to Level 1. Walk through the hallway and take the Parkade elevator to the Reception Lobby level (there is no elevator access from Level 2 to Level 1). There are signs to assist you.
- If you choose to self park, the Front Desk will be happy to issue a Parking Pass and charge the $30 nightly rate to your guest room
- Please do not discard the dispenser ticket as you will need to present your ticket and self parking pass to the attendant on your way out.
- Motorcycles will be charge per parking space, maximum 2 motorcycles per space.
- Accessible parking stalls are located on Level 1 between the Hotel and Conference Centre entrances
Underground Parking - Hours of Operation
The parkade is accessible 24 hours per day. If you are exiting or entering the parkade between the hours of 12 midnight and 6am please advise the Front Desk before you try to exit/enter so we may open the locked parkade gate.
RV & Trailer Parking
The Fairmont Empress is pleased to provide some options for over-height, recreational vehicles or trailers. The following options are extended:
- Exit the hotel driveway, turn right and move immediately to the left lane to join Wharf Street.
- Take the 2nd left, and proceed down the hill towards the seaplane terminal.
- RV and Trailer parking is available in the sea plane terminal parking lot, noted with blue signs.
- Please purchase parking at the blue ticket machine for total number of days required.
- Trailers must remain attached to a vehicle at all times while parked, and may not be unhooked.
- Space is subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
- During special events the parking lot may be closed for several days and parking in the vicinity will not be available. Some street parking may be available but is not guaranteed.
- If you require further information, please contact the Front Office Manager at 250 384 8111.
Parking for Electric & Hybrid cars - Effective as of November 1, 2012
- Hotel Guests with Electric/hybrid cars that are parked in our driveway while charging at the station will not be charged for "hourly" parking while the car is charging.
- If the car (hybrid or electric) is parked Valet or Self parking the rate is $30 per day.
- If a non Guest wishes to charge their electric car, the cost is $20 to park up to 4 hours and we do not charge additional for the electricity.
Pets Welcome at The Fairmont Empress
View our Pet Information Brochure
We understand your cat or dog is just as much a part of the family as other members and we are delighted to provide some comforts of home while staying in Victoria.
A charge of $25 CAD per night will apply for each pet and will be added to your guestroom bill. Upon arrival you will be provided a pet brochure, pet friendly areas and local hotel amenities for pets. Dog-walking maps are available on request.
The Fairmont Empress pet amenities available on request include bed basket, food and water dishes, dry food, bottled water, treats, pet waste disposal bags or litter box. These amenities are subject to availability through our Housekeeping Department.
For your pet's safety, we require pets not be left unattended in the guest rooms. Please contact our concierge in advance to make arrangements if you require a petsitter while staying with us. While travelling through the lobby or public areas pets must be carried or lead on a leash.
Certified Guide Dogs are always welcome and exempt of charges.
Safety Deposit Boxes
Safety Deposit Boxes are available at the Front Desk. In addition, in-room safes are available to guests staying on the Fairmont Gold Floor.
Special Needs Accessibility
The hotel has 3 handicapped accessible rooms with door frames ample to allow wheelchair access. These bathrooms have grab bars and adjustable shower heads. Wheelchairs are available for the guest's use inside the hotel.
The hotel also has rooms for the hearing impaired with portable closed converters for the television and alert strobe lights over the doorways.
For more detail, please contact the hotel directly at (250) 384-8111.