Holidays are Wrapped in Tradition at The Fairmont Empress
Victoria, British Columbia Monday, December 02, 2013
Sugar and spice and everything nice is what guests find once they enter the enchanted Fairmont Empress during the holidays. A winter wonderland of decorated trees, goodies galore, and sugar plum ballerinas are some of the surprises that wait to be discovered this festive season.
Kick up Your Heels - and Stay Overnight! Shop til you drop...dance until dawn...indulge.. and stay overnight with "take the elevator home" rate. Valid Friday, Saturday, and Sunday through January 6 for single or double occupancy, rates start from $159 at The Fairmont Empress.
Buy... & Lie. If time in the kitchen is not your idea of a holiday, put a turkey to go - with all the trimmings - on your wish list. No fuss, no mess...and no lumps in the gravy. Available for pickup Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, serves up to 10 guests for $250.
Make a List and Check it Twice. The Fairmont Store, located on the lobby level, is a gift giver’s delight with specialty teas, china, home décor and even jewelry (who can resist a charm bracelet with cups and saucers?) Or, wrap up gift giving with a Fairmont gift certificate for the special "someones" in your life. A relaxing Willow Stream spa treatment, afternoon tea, or a luxurious getaway can all be tucked under the tree and used at any Fairmont Hotel in the world. No expiry date - and easy on the environment.
Don't be a Humbug! If you're feeling more like Scrooge than Santa, drop by and get in the spirit at these events for kids of all ages.
• The Fairmont Empress Festival of Trees. The 22nd Annual Victoria Festival of Trees supports BC Children's Hospital Foundation and boasts over 70 trees decorated by local businesses, organizations and individuals for the public to vote on from November 21 through January 7.
• And on Christmas Eve while Santa is busy delivering gifts, Mrs. Claus drops by to read her favourite children's stories, followed by caroling with the family in the Tea Lobby at 6, 7 and 8 pm. Hot chocolate and holiday cocktails are available for purchase.
Holiday Festivi-Teas: Relax and make a date to sit back and enjoy the season with the tradition of afternoon tea.
• A longstanding tradition in Victoria, Festive Afternoon Tea is served daily from noon to 3:45 pm, from December 9 through January 1 in the Tea Lobby for $49.95 for adults and half price for children. Complemented by live music, the tea features scones, tea sandwiches and scrumptious holiday fare created by the pastry shop. (not available on December 24 and 25)
• Fa-la-la-la-la! On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, a special Carol Afternoon Tea with live choral performances takes place from noon to 3:45 pm in the Tea Lobby and is $59.95, half price for children.
• Inspired by the popular ballet, the Nutcracker Tea is served December 1 through 8 in the Tea Lobby from noon to 3:45 p.m. A pianist plays an assortment of melodies from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite to tell the story of Clara and her Nutcracker Prince. Adults $49.95, children half price - teddies welcome. Guests receive a 20% discount upon presentation of a 2013 Dance Victoria Nutcracker ticket.
• Visions of sugar plums are part of this exclusive evening event, In the Land of Sweets, in partnership with Dance Victoria. A Sugar Plum Fairy ballerina, a reading of the classic story, and an elegant Nutcracker Tea in the Empress Room ends with hot chocolate or cider - just in time to see the performance. December 7, from 5 - 6:30 p.m. Adults - $65, children half price (performance tickets not included)
Countdown to Christmas! Bountiful Buffets and Office Party Ideas:
• Spice up the season with the renowned Seasonal Spice curry buffet in the Bengal Lounge which, for the traditionalist in the group, also includes roasted turkey and taste-tempting dessert buffet. Available December 1 through January 1; lunch is $32 per person, and dinner is $34.
'Twas the Night - or Two Before Christmas:
• The gifts are wrapped and now it's time to relax. Let The Empress Room, a AAA four-star rated restaurant do the cooking and enjoy a traditional three-course turkey dinner by the glow of the fireplace. Reservations starting at 6:00 p.m., adults - $64, children half price.
Christmas Day Breakfast & Brunch: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - even on Christmas. Make it a holiday for everyone and dine in style.
• The elegant AAA Four-star rated Empress Room features an impressive hot buffet, along with a made-to-order omelet station from 8:00 a.m. til 1:00 p.m. - $39 for adults (half price for children).
Christmas Day Dinner:
• The Crystal Ballroom hosts an extravagant traditional dinner buffet with live entertainment starting at 3:30 pm for $99 per adult (half price for children), along with a surprise or two. Ideal for the whole family to enjoy, with lots of seconds.
• Gourmands will delight in the intimate five course traditional Christmas dinner in the opulent Empress Dining Room (rated AAA Four Star). Adults $165 per adult, $82.50 for children. Reservations from 4:15 p.m.
Contact information for Holiday Reservations:
Reservations are recommended for holiday activities and can be made by calling The Fairmont Empress Festive Reservations at 250-389-2727 or emailing: email@example.com.
Regional Director, PR
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Pacific Northwest Region
T: 604 695 5434
C: 604 561 2710
Director, Sales & Marketing
The Fairmont Empress
T: 250 384 2725