Located in the main lobby and maintained by HSBC. Dispenses Bermuda dollars which are on par with US dollars.
Located in the retail corridor of the hotel, the business center can be accessed via your guest room key.
The business center has PC Express Internet Computer Stations which have the following capabilities:
- Internet access
- Black & white and color printing
- CD burning
- DVD playing
- Standard office applications
Telephones and High Speed Internet Information
Toll free 800 access numbers for calling cards
AT&T/Nynex/Bell Atlantic (800) 872-2881
MCI (800) 623-0484
SPRINT (800) 623-0877
Canada (800) 744-2580
Other 800 numbers are accessible by substituting
880 for 800;
881 for 888;
882 for 877;
883 for 866
All are charged at International Long Distance Rates.
Most calling cards toll free access numbers are not toll free in Bermuda and normal calling rates are applied.
There is a recording advising the caller that the number is not toll free from Bermuda and they will be charged.
Bermuda offers CDMA, TDMA & GSM wireless technologies through our three local providers, Cellular One (CDMA and TDMA) and mobility and AT&T (GSM).
Wireless roaming is subject to:
- The user's phone utilizing one of three technologies; CDMA, TDMA, & GSM wireless technologies through our three local providers, Cellular One (CDMA and TDMA) and Mobility and AT&T (GSM).
- The guest's provider having an international roaming agreement with one of the the aforementioned local providers. It is recommended that the guest contact their local provider before arriving in Bermuda to determine if their telephone has roaming for Bermuda and it is 'turned on'. Prepaid phones would probably not have this feature enabled.
European GSM users require a Tri-band cellular telephone (operates at the 1900mhz frequency band).
Blackberry uses AT&T Bermuda's local wireless services.
Internet access is available in all guest rooms and all of our bermuda convention centre meeting rooms. There are several different types of services available for both guest rooms and meeting rooms:
Guest Rooms - you can conveniently access the Internet from your guest room by using your own laptop computer.
How to Connect - Two types of service are currently provided at the hotel; High Speed and Dial-Up. Instructions are provided in all guest rooms in the black Fairmont directory. Once connected, you can access Fairmont's Virtual Concierge, your e-mail, visit newsgroups, or surf the Web.
VPN's- In order to use your VPN:
- Open an internet browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape), go to any webpage
- Click ENTER at the Fairmont.Net Welcome Page
- Click the tab 'CONNECT TO THE INTERNET'
- Click 'I Agree' to accept the terms and conditions of use and the charge for usage.
- A web page opens, minimize this window and start your VPN.
Dial Up:There is a connection fee each time you log onto the internet which includes the first 10 minutes. Additional minutes will be billed and charged automatically to your room account.
High Speed: There is a $13.95 USD per day (24-hours) connection fee. This is a flat rate and is not prorated if less time is used. This charge is automatically posted to your room account.
Wireless:Wireless access is available in our Fairmont Gold lounge for our Fairmont Gold guests. To connect for no additional fee, guests need to first accept the terms, conditions and charges in their guest room using the high speed network and they will be able to use the wireless for the same period of time (24-hours from the time of accepting the charge).
If using dial up there is a separate charge for the wireless usage.
Customer Service - For 24-hours, 7 days a week assistance with Internet access, please call our toll free and access fee free helpdesk at 1(866) 853-9094.