The closest airport to The Fairmont Hamilton Princess is L.F. Wade International Airport (BDA) formerly named Bermuda International Airport.
The Bermuda International Airport is located in St. George, approximately 30-minutes from The Fairmont Hamilton Princess.
Bermuda must be about the only place left in the world where visitors cannot rent automobiles. Why not? Tourist safety on unfamiliar, often narrow, winding, sharply twisting roads, is cited as the main reason. Another factor is Bermuda's very small physical size and fourth-largest population per square mile in the world (after Gibraltar, Hong Kong and Monaco). Buses, ferries and taxis are available for guests to get around the island.
Taxis are at the airport, hotels, city and town, and available by telephone from taxi companies. Approximate Taxi fare is $30.00 each way (30 minute drive).
Shuttle service to and from airport can be arranged by making online reservations here or by calling directly to 441-234-4366. Rates subject to change without notice.
Scooters can be rented from Smatt's Cycle Livery, Ltd. adjacent to the hotel. Rental cars are not available in Bermuda - tourists may rent scooters only.
- Must be minimum 16 years of age
- All rentals include lock, helmet, map and carry basket
- Cash, credit card (Visa or Mastercard) accepted, or charge to a guestroom
- More information available from the Smatt's Cycle Livery, Ltd. website
Between Hamilton and Southampton
Exclusive for hotel guests of The Fairmont Hamilton Princess and The Fairmont Southampton (Hotel ID required)
- Complimentary ferry services for guests operates between the Waterlot Inn at The Fairmont Southampton and the Princess dock at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess (weather permitting)
- Golf clubs/bags are permitted on board, but no luggage is allowed
- This beautiful scenic ride takes about 25 minutes one way
Self parking is available for mopeds only, free of charge.