The story of Coastal Jazz and Blues Society is the story of determination, passion, idealism, community, and of course, music. Incorporated in 1986, as a community based, not-profit, charitable arts organization located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the society, from the very beginning, has worked diligently to establish Vancouver as a center for the creation and exchange of sounds and ideas between the local, national and international music community. Their mission is to not only increase the appreciation of the music, but to strengthen the arts community by developing special projects, artistic exchanges, partnerships, educational initiatives, community programs, and collaborations that further the art form. Their vision encompasses a wide spectrum of jazz, blues, world, creative, and improvised music, including evolving forms of jazz and the technologies and media that influence jazz as an art form.
The Festival runs from June 21st to July 01st 2013.
Playing live in 900 West Lounge for your listening pleasure:
- Friday, June 21st - Wes Mackey, 5:30pm - Midnight
- Saturday, June 22nd - Wes Mackey, 8pm - Midnight
- Sunday, June 23rd - Bryant Olender, 8pm - 11pm
- Monday, June 24th - Bryant Olender, 8pm - 11pm
- Tuesday, June 25th - Bryant Olender, 8pm - 11pm
- Wednesday, June 26th - Rob Weaver, 8pm - 11pm
- Thursday, June 27th - Rob Weaver, 5:30pm - 7:30pm / Goby Cat Duo, 8pm - Midnight
- Friday, June 28th - Rob Weaver, 5:30pm - 7:30pm / Goby Cat Duo, 8pm - Midnight
- Saturday, June 29th - Goby Cat Duo, 8pm - Midnight