Annual Lake Louise Pond Hockey Classic
Join us for the 8th Annual Pond Hockey Classic on February 22-26, 2017!
Nothing beats a game of shinny and Lake Louise offers the most picturesque pond hockey rink on earth.
Celebrate Canada’s game with two days of action packed hockey at The Lake Louise Pond Hockey Classic. Motivate your colleagues or clients, experience the ultimate getaway or plan an exciting trip with family and friends.
For our 8th year, we are offering two tournaments – a mid-week and a weekend. The mid-week event is our charity tournament. Only 24 teams are accepted for each tournament and the weekend tournament is already sold out with returning teams from 2016.
The only way to experience the excitement of this incredibly popular event is to register now for the Thursday/Friday charity tournament. You don’t want to miss the opportunity to support an incredible cause and have the time of your life playing hockey on Lake Louise!
- February 23, 24 (charity mid-week) – optional arrival on Wednesday, February 22
- February 24, 25, 26 (weekend) – sold out with returning teams
This year we are supporting Rotary/Flames House through the Calgary Flames Foundation. Rotary/Flames House is Alberta’s first free-standing hospice for children. In addition to walking alongside families in the final days of an end-of-life journey, Rotary/Flames House provides much needed respite care. This temporary round-the-clock care for medically-complex children gives families the rest and renewal they need. Last year, more than 1,960 nights of care were provided at Rotary/Flames House along with 266 respite opportunities for families and kids who needed it. Families whose children have a life-limiting illness understand how important this care really is. A donation will be made on behalf of each team that registers for the mid-week tournament.
FEBRUARY 23, 24 (charity mid-week)
Team Registration is $989 (plus GST) and includes:
- 6 players per team – all must be 18+ years old – 4 on the ice at a time
- 4 games of hockey, plus playoffs – depending on how many teams are registered, games will start on Thursday at either 9:00 or 10:00 am.
- Team photos and shirts
- Player Only breakfast on Friday (and Thursday for players that stay on Wednesday night)
- Tournament banquet dinner at Brewster Barn on Thursday night – additional tickets are available for friends/family that come to cheer you on
- Awards ceremony on Friday afternoon
- Molson Canadian Hockey House
- Separate divisions (if there is enough interest from registered teams)
Teams are required to stay overnight at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise on Thursday, February 23 with at least three rooms per team. There are event rates available on Wednesday, February 22 for anyone interested in arriving early.
To secure your team spot, complete as much information as possible on the registration form – most importantly Team Captain information. Send to Davina.Bernard@Fairmont.com. In addition, please contact Davina for more information.
See what the action looks like: Pond Hockey Classic 2015
*Note the NHL contacted us in the past regarding us having players with NHL jerseys – we aren’t able to showcase any teams using NHL jerseys in videos or published pictures – that might have an impact on the jerseys you choose to wear.
For a complete list of available activities, please see our Winter Activity Guide.