"Into The Wild with Casey Anderson" Package
Last minute spaces have opened up!
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is excited to offer the rare opportunity to spend time with Casey Anderson – Naturalist, Grizzly Guy and Host of America the Wild on the National Geographic channel.
Experience an unforgettable weekend exploring the Lake Louise area, situated in the heart of Banff National Park. Be captivated by grizzly bear stories while indulging in luxurious Fairmont style. This exclusive package is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to be shared with family and friends.
A passionate and enthusiastic wildlife naturalist, Casey Anderson, has worked on numerous wildlife documentaries and is the host of America the Wild with Casey Anderson on Nat Geo Wild. Best known for his ‘pal’ Brutus, an 8-year-old grizzly, Casey will offer an entertaining and personal insight into working and living with wild animals.
- Two nights luxury accommodation
- Welcome reception on Friday with Casey Anderson
- Poppy Brasserie Buffet Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
- Chateau Deli Bagged Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner Saturday with Casey
- Welcome amenity, including a copy of Casey Anderson's book "The Story of Brutus"
- Guided Hike Saturday (Not suitable for children under 10 years of age. The hotel offers baby-sitting services if required.)
- Reserved Seating at "Bear With Me" presentation by Casey Anderson
- Grizzly Gondola pass to the Lake Louise Ski Area
- One hour canoe rental on Lake Louise
- Hike to the Lake Agnes Tea House with our certified Heritage Guides and meet Casey Anderson at the top for an early lunch. One of the most famous hikes in the Canadian Rockies, this destination has it all: an enjoyable trail, stunning views, and a historical teahouse for relaxing and refueling before the descent!
- Participate in Casey’s presentation, Bear With Me, where Casey discusses his unique relationship with Brutus and offers insight into grizzly bears and wild animals, in general. Through hair-raising stories from the field, his life with Brutus, and the lessons learned along the way, Casey explains how his experiences have made him a better person, and have nurtured in him a passion to help preserve the planet.
- Plenty of time to discover Lake Louise at your own pace. Canoeing on the pristine emerald waters of Lake Louise, take a spectacular sightseeing gondola ride or indulge in a relaxing treatment in our day spa.
Weekend Itinerary - Three days, two nights
Friday, September 19 – Arrive in Lake Louise
Fly to Calgary, Alberta, Canada and enjoy a scenic two-hour drive to The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise through the Rocky Mountains. All activities will originate from the hotel. Start your adventure with an evening welcome reception and meet Casey Anderson.
Saturday, September 20 – Hike & Learn
Feast on a hearty breakfast buffet before a four-hour guided hike with our certified Heritage Guides to the Lake Agnes Tea House. Meet Casey there for lunch before returning to The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to relax and explore at your own pace. Join Casey for his “Bear With Me” presentation, and then enjoy a sumptuous dinner created by our talented culinary team.
Sunday, September 21 – Discover Lake Louise and Head Home
The morning is yours to discover; linger over our buffet breakfast, paddle a canoe on Lake Louise and visit the Lake Louise Ski Resort and (hopefully) spot a Grizzly from the Grizzly Gondola. Check-out of the hotel and take the 1A highway back through Banff National Park to spot more wildlife before returning to Calgary.
What to Bring
- Resort casual clothing for all meals and Casey's presentation.
- Good hiking footwear, layers of clothing, hat, gloves, jacket, sunscreen, camera, day back-pack to carry your lunch on Saturday and any cash you would like to have to spend at the tea house or ski hill.
Between Friday, September 19, 2014
and Sunday, September 21, 2014
From $649* per person, based on double occupancy (total weekend price for two adults in one guestroom from $1299*), plus applicable taxes. *Package subject to availability at time of reservation. Two night stay required for September 19 and 20, 2014.
Rates for accompanying children, single or triple occupancy, are also available. Subject to availability at time of booking. With advance notice, special dietary needs can be accommodated.
To reserve this package, call 1 403 522 1638 and reference the "Into The Wild with Casey Anderson" package.
Photo Credit: Grizzly Creek Films
Please contact Davina Bernard at 403 522 1638 or email@example.com to secure your reservation.