Into The Wild with Casey Anderson, Oct 7-9
Experience an unforgettable weekend exploring the Lake Louise area, situated in the heart of Banff National Park. Be captivated by stories of drama in the wild while indulging in luxurious Fairmont style. This exclusive package is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to be shared with family and friends. Casey Anderson, former backcountry guide, grizzly sanctuary founder, and wildlife park curator has explored the world seeking wildlife and has produced numerous wildlife documentaries. The award-winning presenter is best known as the host and executive producer of the Nat Geo WILD channel television series, Expedition Wild and America the Wild, in addition to his role as the trainer and “best friend” of Brutus, the grizzly bear Casey adopted as a newborn cub. Throughout the weekend, Casey will recount his entertaining and inspiring tales about working and living with wild animals.
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is excited to offer the rare opportunity to spend a weekend with Casey Anderson – award-winning filmmaker, producer and host of Expedition Wild and America the WILD.
See our Fall Activity Guide to learn more about this season in Lake Louise.
• Two nights luxury accommodation in a Fairmont Mountainview Room
• Welcome reception on Friday with Casey Anderson
• Poppy Brasserie Buffet Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
• Chateau Deli Bagged Lunch on Saturday
• Dinner Saturday with Casey
• Welcome amenity, including a copy of Casey Anderson's book "The Story of Brutus"
• Guided Hike Saturday (Not suitable for children under 10 years of age. The hotel offers baby-sitting services if required.)
• Reserved seating at "Bear With Me" presentation by Casey Anderson
• Grizzly Gondola pass to the Lake Louise Ski Resort
• One hour canoe rental on Lake Louise
• Hike to Lake Agnes with our Mountain Adventure Guides and meet Casey Anderson at the top for an early lunch and time to hear about more of Casey’s wild adventures. One of the most famous hikes in the Canadian Rockies, this destination has it all: an enjoyable trail and stunning views. Distance: 7 km (4.5 miles) return or 3.5 km from Lake Louise. Elevation Gain: 400 m (1300 ft). Altitude: 2135 m (7005 ft). Difficultly: moderate.
• Participate in Casey’s presentation, Bear With Me, where Casey discusses his unique relationship with Brutus and offers insight into grizzly bears and wild animals, in general. Through hair-raising stories from the field, his life with Brutus, and the lessons learned along the way, Casey explains how his experiences have made him a better person, and have nurtured in him a passion to help preserve the planet.
• Plenty of time to discover Lake Louise at your own pace.
• Only 24 people can participate in this package and there will be lots of time to spend with Casey in the small group.
Weekend Itinerary - Three days, two nights
Friday, October 7 – Arrive in Lake Louise
Arrive in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and enjoy a scenic two-hour drive to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise through the Rocky Mountains. All activities will originate from the hotel. Start your adventure with an evening welcome reception and meet Casey Anderson.
Saturday, October 8 – Hike & Learn
Feast on a hearty breakfast buffet before a four-hour guided hike with our Mountain Adventure Guides to Lake Agnes. Meet Casey there for lunch and story time before returning to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to relax and explore at your own pace. Join Casey for his afternoon “Bear With Me” presentation, and then enjoy a sumptuous dinner with Casey crafted by our talented culinary team.
Sunday, October 9 – Discover Lake Louise and Head Home
The morning is yours to discover; linger over our buffet breakfast, paddle a canoe on Lake Louise and visit the Lake Louise Ski Resort and (hopefully) spot a grizzly from the Grizzly Gondola. Check-out of the hotel and take the 1A highway back through Banff National Park to spot more wildlife before returning to Calgary.
What to Bring
• Resort casual clothing for all meals and Casey's presentation.
• Good hiking footwear, layers of clothing, hat, gloves, jacket, sunscreen, camera, day back-pack to carry your lunch on Saturday and any cash you would like to spend at the tea house or ski resort.
Between Friday, October 07, 2016
and Sunday, October 09, 2016
From $829* per person, based on double occupancy in a Fairmont Mountainview Room (total weekend price for two adults in one guestroom from $1658*), plus applicable taxes. *Package subject to availability at time of reservation. Two night stay required for October 8 & 9, 2016.
Rates for accompanying children, single or triple occupancy, are also available. Subject to availability at time of booking. With advance notice, special dietary needs can be accommodated.
To reserve this package or inquire for more details, please contact Davina Bernard and reference the "Into The Wild with Casey Anderson" package. Due to limited space, online bookings will not be available. Email Davina.Bernard@Fairmont.com or call direct 1 403 522 1638.