Celebrate and experience Mayan Culture
RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO, May 01, 2012
Top Luxury Hotel in Mexico’s Riviera Maya Offers Special Menu and Activities Honoring the Mayans This Month
RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO– With this year’s increasing popularity of Mayan culture, Fairmont Mayakoba in Mexico’s Riviera Maya is encouraging guests to take advantage of their extraordinary events that grasp Mayan customs and explore Mayan history. The AAA Five Diamond resort has developed a variety of unforgettable Mayan-inspired experiences, including spa treatments, a special tasting menu, and activities in celebration of the Maya civilization.
The resort’s Willow Stream Spa has integrated an assortment of traditional Maya inspired services to help guests unwind, relax, and leave the outer world behind. A few treatments include:
• ChacChac Rain Ritual– 90 minutes, $239 USD
Chac, the Rain god was one of the most important gods in Mayan history and the word “cha” means to “let go” or “letting loose”. Guests relax on a rain table with an application of a healing body mask and exfoliation with an Ayate cloth, followed by a warm overhead rainwater rinse. A massage application of sage oil is the final ingredient to letting go.
• Honey In The Heart – 60 minutes, $159 USD
In the traditional Mayan Temezcal ceremony, honey was used to remind those of the sweetness of life. The treatment begins with a honey body mask to feed and hydrate the skin, followed by a rainforest rinse under the vichy shower and a relaxing massage, ending with a sip of honey.
• Chocolate – Food Of The Gods– 60 minutes, $169 USD
Ka'kaw, the Mayan word for chocolate, was offered as a tribute to the gods. This experience includes a cacao mask body wrap, scalp massage and hair treatment and a nourishing massage application of pure coconut oil and rose essence.
El Puerto Restaurant at Fairmont Mayakoba invites guests to enjoy spectacular lagoon views and a cozy atmosphere, while embracing the essence of Mayan cuisine with a new tasting menu.
For $68 per person, guests can enjoy:
• Seafood Escabeche - Scallop, Octopus, and Shrimp with Cilantro, Chaya, and Sour orange
• Quail in “Relleno Negro” - Infused in Mayan Spices, Black Chile Paste, Yuca Chips, Grated Egg Yolk and Verdolagas
• Surf and Turf “PokChuc” - Lobster Annato, Dark Beer Marinated Filet Mignon,Spicy Chocolate Sauce, Local Squash and ChayoteCorn Dumplings stuffed with chicharrón in salsa verde
• Mayan Dessert Tasting - Spiced Chocolate Mousse Pyramid, YucaTuiles, Yucatan Bread Pudding, Lime and Xtabentun Sherbet
Guests at Fairmont Mayakoba can also visit some of the best preserved coastal Mayan sites with stunning Caribbean ocean views at Tulum, explore the ruined city of Coba, or embark on an excursion to visit the pinnacle of Mayan civilization, Chichén-Itzá, which Castle was recently recognized as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.
The resort also offers a diverse range of Mayan inspired activities for vacationers, families and groups including:
• The Nature Adventure – An ecological boat tour through Fairmont Mayakoba’s water canals,the tour educates visitors about different ecosystems, as well as exquisite flora and fauna native to the Yucatan Peninsula. Vacationers will also have a chance to purchase Mayan craft products from jewelry to handmade pieces by artisans that range from $5 to $35.
• Discovery Club Adventure Camp – The resort offers activities for youngsters and families such as Exploring the Mayan World, which enables guests to have the opportunity to make their first letter sign, decorate their crocodile, and even become a Mayan warrior and learn some Mayan words.
Fairmont Mayakoba is an idyllic destination for travelers and adventure seekers. For more information or to book a reservation, please visit www.fairmont.com/mayakoba.
ABOUT FAIRMONT MAYAKOBA
Nestled in the heart of Riviera Maya, Mexico, the 401-room Fairmont Mayakoba is an AAA Five Diamond resort set on 45 acres within a private, luxury community surrounded by a lush mangrove forest intersected by crystal clear canals. The property has 40,000 square feet of meeting space, a 37,000 square foot Willow Stream Spa featuring 20 treatment rooms and a carefully crafted menu of services and distinctive treatments incorporating indigenous ingredients, and El Camaleón Golf Course, host to the only official PGA event in Mexico also featuring the Jim McLean Golf School. A dedication to a green philosophy has earned Fairmont Mayakoba verification as a Rainforest Alliance certified hotel, among other eco-accolades. For reservations call 1(800) 441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com/mayakoba.
Become a fan of Fairmont Mayakoba. Join our online communities at www.twitter.com/fairmontmyk, and www.facebook.com/fairmontmayakoba.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Located in world-class destinations around the globe, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. With more than 60 hotels, Fairmont is known as much for its warm, engaging service and culturally rich experiences, as its classic hotels that imbue a sense of heritage, sophistication and social importance and are often considered destinations in their own right. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Holdings Limited, a leading global hotel company with over 100 hotels under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.
Become a fan of Fairmont. Join our online communities at www.everyonesanoriginal.com, www.twitter.com/fairmonthotels, and www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels. For career opportunities, visit www.facebook.com/fairmontcareers.