1 North Kaniku Drive
Kohala Coast, Hawaii
United States 96743
Telephone: (808) 885-2000 Fax: (808) 885-1064
The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is a 32-acre oceanfront luxury AAA Four Diamond resort located on the Kohala Coast Hawaii with a white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, tennis, six restaurants, extensive meeting and event facilities, and year-round children's program. Click Here for Hotel Map PDF
AAA Four Diamond Award
Fairmont Orchid Hawaii is a non-smoking hotel. Hawaii’s Smoke-Free Law effective 11-16-06. Act 295 prohibits smoking in enclosed areas within 20 feet of doorways and requires signage upon entry to buildings.
All rooms and suites offer the following complimentary amenities:
- Alarm-clock radio
- Bathrobes (light waffle cotton)
- Fairmont toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- In-room safe
- Three telephones, two with speaker phone and one in the bathroom
- 42" LG LCD Flat Screen Televisions with built in media panel
- Wooden valet clothing stand
- Writing desk and one chair
- Pillow topper on mattress
- Keurig Coffee Maker
Amenities on Request
The following amenities may be available in selected guest rooms. Please indicate the request in your on-line reservation, or ask one of our reservation agents.
- Cribs (deluxe cribs with crib sheets and bumper pads)
- DVD Player
A daily resort charge of $30.00 plus 4.166% tax will be charged per room per night, which includes self-parking, basic internet access and more.
Brown's Beach House Restaurant
Norio's Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Hale Kai Restaurant
The Orchid Court (Breakfast)
Kahakai Bar (on the beach)
Information and General Services
- Babysitting and Nannies
- Bell Staff
- Gift Shops
- Laundry Services
- Parking ($17 self, $22 valet daily)
- Pet Policy (an additional charge of $25 USD per night and certain rules apply)
- Safety Deposit Boxes
Business Services Business Center Services AvailableHigh Speed Internet Access
Guests of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts may enjoy High Speed Internet connectivity in all guest rooms as well as Ethernet network connected in meeting rooms and wireless Internet access in public areas such as lobbies and lounges. Enroll in our complimentary Fairmont President's Club and receive daily access at no charge. Learn more at www.fairmont.com/fpc/
The Fitness Center features the latest in fitness equipment with views of the expansive lawn and pool beyond. Other fitness activities offered include daily seaside yoga, pool aerobics, art classes, a world-class tennis pavilion and more available with purchase of an Activities Card. Many additional activites are complimentary including daily Hawaii Arts & Crafts and cultural hikes on the resort exploring ancient Hawaiian petroglyphs and lava shelter caves.
Spa Without Walls
The Spa Without Walls is a full-service facility with private outdoor venues that allow the natural beauty and healing properties of Hawaii to contribute to your wellness treatment. Indoors, there are treatment rooms, a steam room and separate dry sauna plus a boutique featuring spa products.
Meetings & Weddings
> View Capacity Charts
> View Floor Plans
With meeting rooms, facilities and outside venues able to meet any planner's demands, The Fairmont Orchid, Hawai'i offers luxurious and well-designed function space. Conveniently located over two levels, groups may take advantage of a variety of rooms -- including a full-size ramped amphitheater. All offer easy access to gardens and courtyards for revitalizing breaks or pre-function gatherings from 10 to 500. Let our settings inspire your imagination and our attentive Hawaii event planning staff will handle all the details.
The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii on the Kohala Coast of Hawaii Island is a perfect setting for Hawaii weddings and one-of-a-kind celebrations. The spectacular resort scenery, including gorgeous waterfalls and sweeping oceanfront views, provides an unforgettable backdrop to any special event. A sense of magic and romance surrounds you as you spend time enjoying the sunsets, experiencing luxury service and exploring this breathtaking island paradise in our Hawaiian wedding venues.
The Fairmont Orchid resort, located along the Kohala Coast, features a variety of indoor and outdoor wedding venues to suit the occasion, please click on the links to the left to explore our Hawaii wedding packages & options.
Choose a Fairmont wedding and receive exclusive access to our Platinum Honeymoon Program.
The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii has an incredible array of both indoor and outdoor function space for your special event. Guests can choose everything from sipping cocktails on a private beach to a large, formal gathering in the hotel's ballroom. Every event will receive the dedicated courtesy and care our staff has built a reputation around, and superior culinary options are available from the hotel's catering team.
From Kona International Airport
- Turn left at the stoplight exiting the Kona International Airport onto Highway 19.
- Remain on Highway 19 for 19.5 miles.
- The entrance to Mauna Lani Drive is located on the left (ocean side) of the highway, marked by a noticeable coconut grove.
- Enter the resort on Mauna Lani Drive and proceed for about a mile to the round-about traffic circle.
- Enter the circle, yielding to traffic.
- Take the first right turn which is North Kaniku Drive.
- Stay on North Kaniku Drive until you reach the main entrance to The Fairmont Orchid at the end of the drive.
From Hilo International Airport
- From Kekuanaoa Street (Airport Access Road) turn right on to Kanoelehua Street.
- Turn left onto Kamehameha Avenue. Continue as lane merges to the right onto Highway 19.
- Remain on Highway 19 to Waimea (approximately 53 miles). Follow signs in Waimea to Kawaihae (turn right on Lindsey Road/Highway 19).
- Continue for approximately 11 miles down Kawaihae Road. At the T-intersection on your left, turn left to continue on Highway 19. You are now traveling south, parallel to the ocean on your right.
- Continue approximately 7 miles, past Hapuna Beach State Park and the right-hand turn lane to Puako for Mauna Lani Resort sign on your right before a tall coconut grove entry road.
- Turn right onto Mauna Lani Drive. Proceed past the Guard House to the traffic circle and take the first right to The Fairmont Orchid on North Kaniku Drive.
- Stay on North Kaniku Drive until you reach the main entrance to The Fairmont Orchid at the end of the drive, less than a mile. Valet and self-parking available, see Parking below.
All companies are available at the Kona-Keohole International Airport, 30 minutes south of the resort. Hertz maintains a desk at the resort with cars available.
Here are the most popular rental companies for pick up and drop off at the Airport:
- Hertz: 1(800)654-3011
- Alamo: 1(800)327-9633
- Avis: 1(800)321-3712
- Budget: 1(800)527-0700
- Dollar: 1(800)800-4000
- Enterprise: 1(800)261-7331
- National: 1(800)227-7368
Limousine service is offered and can be booked through our Concierge (808-887-7368)
Air Taxi company exclusively services our resort and your transportation request can be arranged through the Concierge.