Banff National Park
Established in 1885 as Canada's first national park it is home to a variety of distinctive natural features, sightseeing attractions, and cultural and historical sites. Rugged mountains, glaciers, icefields, alpine meadows, beautiful blue cold-water lakes, mineral hot springs, deep canyons and hoodoos compose the natural landscape and habitat for a great variety of mammals such as deer, elk, bighorn sheep, cougar, black and grizzly bear. Banff National Park is part of the UNESCO Rocky Mountain Parks World Heritage Site.
Calaway Park is Western Canada's largest outdoor amusement park which offer a vast array of incredible rides and tourist attractions. There are daily live musical performances, a live trout fishing hole, childrens playground, and shopping.
- Located on the TransCanada Highway 10 kms (6 miles) west of Calgary
- Open from May to October
Welcome to the greatest outdoor show on earth! Each year millions of visitors from around the world come to Calgary to partake in this annual event, the Calgary Stampede. Enjoy daily rodeos, a midway, live shows, and much, much, more. The Stampede kicks off with it's annual Stampede Parade which roles by the front of The Fairmont Palliser. Celebrating the cowboy culture, visitors will enjoy the atmosphere and warm western hospitality of friendly Calgarians.
- The Stampede runs every July for 10 days.
- For more information visit: www.calgary stampede.com
- Our concierge can assist in purchasing tickets for both Rodeo and Grandstand Shows.
Provides a panoramic view of Calgary and the mountains, 630 ft. (190.8 m) above the ground via an observational indoor terrace.
This world-class zoo features over 1,500 animals in a natural habitat exhibit. It also includes a prehistoric park with 27 life-size dinosaur models.
Canada Olympic Park
This area has many activities, including skiing, bobsled and luge in the winter, and bungee jumping in the summer.
- Olympic Hall of Fame is open year-round
The home of the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League and the site of the 1988 Winter Olympics.
This museum focuses on Canadian Heritage and features exhibits of Native and pioneer culture, Canadian artists and military history.
A living historical village highlighting pre-1915 Western Canada.
- Located 8 miles southwest of The Fairmont Palliser
- Open May to October
McMahon Football Stadium
The stadium is the home of the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League.
- Located 7 miles from the hotel
A magnificent $20-million show jumping facility.
- Located just 30 minutes south of The Fairmont Palliser
Waterton National Park
Waterton National Park boasts the world's largest concentration of tidewater glaciers and offers camping, fishing, scenic drives, biking and hikes, winter sports and boating in the summer.
- Located 2.5 hours from The Fairmont Pallise
The largest icefield south of Alaska, shimmering glacial ice and snow cover some 389 sq. km. An exciting 55 minute Snowcoach Tour will take you out onto the Athabasca Glacier, a tongue of the Columbia Icefield, for an awe-inspiring glimpse of icy crevasses and ice-fed streamlets. Or, join a guided Glacier ice-walk and visit the Icefields Interpretive Center for informative exhibits and slide shows.
- Located 317km (190 miles) from The Fairmont Palliser
- Open from May to October
- Our concierge can arrange your transportation or tour of this attraction.
Royal Tyrrell Museum
The Royal Tyrrell Museum is located in the heart of Alberta's badlands. This internationally recognized paleontology museum is the world's largest display of complete dinosaur skeletons. The facility is committed to collection, preservation, research, display, and interpretation of Alberta's rich fossil heritage.
- Summer hours from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, Victoria Day weekend (May) through to Labour Day weekend (September) 10 am to 5:00 p.m. through to Thanksgiving (October)
- Winter hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Tuesday to Sunday, closed Mondays except for holidays
- Our Concierge can arrange your transportation or tour of this attraction.