Back to Articles
Fresh Air Is On The Menu With Rooftop Pools & Outdoor Dining At Fairmont
Publish Date :
June 25, 2009
Enjoy the weather by taking in the views from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts’ outdoor pools and open air bars
Toronto, June 25, 2009 – When summer finally arrives the best way to celebrate the season is to head outside and soak up the picture-perfect weather. For travelers looking to satisfy their sun-worshipping ways, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has luxurious rooftop pools and al fresco restaurants that will keep you outside all day and all night. Whether you’re looking for mouth-watering local cuisine, superb classic cocktails or simply a place to relax and admire a stunning vista, look no further than Fairmont’s landmark properties around the world.
· This June, Sensing at Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston debuts its new waterfront patio. The sophisticated yet casual outdoor retreat will feature a vibrant summer-inspired menu from Michelin-starred Chef Guy Martin, who opened this outpost of his popular French restaurant last year. Overlooking the vibrant harbor, Sensing’s outdoor patio is the perfect location for gathering with friends and colleagues during the warm-weather months.
Lounge like a Local – Sensing’s expert mixologists have created an array of summer cocktails like Watermelon Daiquiris or a Caliente Sunrise (featuring Serrano infused Patron).
· In the urban oasis of Orange County, the Fairmont Newport Beach offers a sophisticated approach to the summer time experience. Located on the 3rd floor, the Palms Pool and Cabanas has a large outdoor heated swimming pool, sundeck with lounge chairs and private cabanas with individual flat screen TVs. And don’t forget to partake in the delicious poolside dining available.
Lounge Like a Local: Chill your spirits with "Adults Only Ice Cream"- an icy twist on some of your favorite liquors such as Chocolate Mandarin Martini Ice Cream and Blackberry Merlot Sorbet.
· The oceanfront pool at The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is a 10,000 square-foot delight with expansive views of the Pacific Ocean, the Kohala Mountains and dormant volcanoes, and is the perfect spot for taking a dip. For guests who are looking for the ideal romantic vantage point to admire the Kohala sunset, the Luana Terrace offers sweeping views, tropical libations and artwork from local Big Island artists.
Lounge Like a Local: Pau Hana (Hawaiian for “done with work”) at Luana is offered nightly from 5-6:30 pm and 9:30-11:30pm and features half-priced pupus (appetizers) and drink specials.
· At The Fairmont Dallas the recently renovated terrace pool and sun deck are made for relaxation, and are a great vantage point for the city. Executive Chef jW Foster has even created a special Terrace menu with delectable dishes like Rubbed Pork Ribs, Angry Wings and a variety of cool, crisp salads. Have a snack by the pool or a full lunch or dinner on the adjacent patio in the 3,000 square foot herb and vegetable garden.
Lounge Like a Local: You can view “Dive In” movies every Friday night in summer from the comfort of your lounge chair at the pool or from your table on the patio.
· Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, there is no view more picturesque than that from The Fairmont Chateau Whistler pool deck. After a day exploring Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, host of the 2010 Olympic winter games, guests can take a swim in the outdoor pool or sit back and soak their muscles in one of three outdoor hot tubs. If guests are ready for a meal after a long day exploring, but don’t want to leave the fresh mountain air behind, try the Mallard Lounge and Terrace, where sensational views of Whistler Mountain are the backdrop to Mallard’s famous martinis.
Lounge Like a Local: Throughout the summer Fairmont Fridays start at 5pm and offer guests a lively happy hour featuring complimentary appetizers and live entertainment.
· Fairmont Le Château Montebello in Quebec has two options for guests looking to take in serene views of the boats floating down the Ottawa River. Not only does the recently renovated outdoor pool overlook the magnificent river and its flowing waters, but every summer the resort opens their outdoor grill and 'Igloo Bar' for fabulous barbecue all summer long. Guests can sip Margaritas or Daiquiris and dive into a Sirloin Steak while taking in the beautiful landscape.
Lounge Like a Local: After a day at the pool the best time to enjoy BBQ on the terrace, where chefs prepare à la minute selections of fish, meats or poultries, is sunset.
· Situated just off the shores of Lac Beauvert, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge's pool is right in the middle of it all, with incredible lake and mountain range views. Watch the movement of the lake as canoes paddle on the surface, ducks fly overhead and wildlife wander the shores. The pool is a relaxing, fun and romantic spot, perfect for enjoying the spectacular landscape. At nearby The Fairmont Banff Springs, guests can sit back and take in the magnificence of the Rocky Mountains from the heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, which look out on stunning scenery including the Fairholme Mountain Range, Bow River and Rundle Mountain. And don’t forget The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, where the Glacier Saloon’s patio offers views of pristine Lake Louise and the majestic Victoria Glacier.
Lounge Like a Local: The Prairie Burger is a favorite at The Emerald Patio at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, featuring Alberta lean Bison and topped with smoked apple cheddar.
· After a full day on the beach in sun-drenched Bermuda, visitors have been known to retreat to Harley’s at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess when they need a break from sun. This popular restaurant has a fantastic harbor-side outdoor terrace where guests can wine and dine al fresco while enjoying some of the island’s finest food. As a bonus, complimentary wine tastings are held each Wednesday between 5:30pm and 6:15pm.
Lounge Like a Local: Every Friday the island’s most popular happy hour runs from 5-9pm at The Princess Patio, adjacent to Harley’s Terrace. Enjoy harbor side views, Dark n’ Stormy’s, Rum Swizzles and an island barbeque as the sun sets over Hamilton Harbor.
· For jetsetters looking for the ultimate glamorous getaway, look no further than the Fairmont Monte Carlo. Visitors who want to see and be seen should check out the heated rooftop pool, which has extraordinary views of the Mediterranean, the legendary Opera and the famous hairpin turn of the Formula 1 Grand Prix. For even more breathtaking vistas, head to the new L'Horizon Deck, Restaurant & Champagne Bar. This 7th floor terrace also overlooks the Opera and Mediterranean Sea, but from here guests can spot the Prince’s Palace and casino as well.
Lounge Like a Local: Summer nights at L’Horizon Deck are best for sipping a glass of Champagne, nibbling on Chef’s favorite tapas and listening to live DJ & Sax.
· The pool at The Fairmont Singapore has dazzling views of one of Asia’s classiest urban gems. Located on the 8th floor of the hotel, guests can swim with the sight of the city’s towering skyscrapers overhead. And if a day of swimming and lounging isn’t enough, slip in to the poolside Alligator Pear, an outdoor bar and restaurant serving everything from international favorites to delectable spa cuisine. Bon Appétit!
Lounge Like a Local: For an iconic taste of the island nation, try the Singapore Sling’s rich combination of Gin, Cherry Brandy, Grenadine Syrup, Pineapple and Lime Juice and D.O.M.
· For views of an African tropical paradise, check in to Fairmont Zimbali Lodge in South Africa and head to the magnificent infinity pool to gaze at the lush forest backdrop and relax in style. If guests would like a cool drink along with their view, the casual restaurant Trophy Bar is elevated on stilts above the resorts’ fourteenth fairway and offers a magnificent view of the Indian Ocean.
Lounge Like a Local: The largest group if Indians living outside India and Pakistan are in South Africa, which means the delicious Durban curries available at Trophy Bar are a must for guests who want a true taste of local flavor.
· The Sky Pool on the 25th Floor of the new Fairmont Nile City will be a Cairo hotspot when it opens on October 1. Complete with poolside cocktails, luxuriant massages in private cabanas, floating bars and a spectacular view of the Nile, there will be no better place to lounge on a beautiful Egyptian day. At night guests can check out the Sky Bar, where fine dining and high-end poolside events will take place year-round. Offering Modern Lebanese food in a chic lounge, the Sky Bar is sure to impress.
Lounge Like a Local: Be sure to enjoy a selection of mezza (appetizers) at Sky Bar while experiencing the sunset over the Nile and Pyramids of Giza.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
A leader in the global hospitality industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of distinctive hotels, which includes iconic landmarks like Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City, Kenya's Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, and London's The Savoy, reopening later this year following an extensive restoration program. Fairmont hotels are one-of-a-kind properties where sophisticated travelers can discover culturally rich experiences that are authentic to the destination. Situated in some of the most exclusive and pristine areas in the world, Fairmont is committed to responsible tourism and is an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with its award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont's portfolio includes 56 world-class hotels, with plans to develop over 30 new properties in the coming years in destinations as diverse as Shanghai, The Philippines and India.
Fairmont is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 91 hotels worldwide under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded Residences, Estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.