Back to Articles
HOW SUITE IT IS AT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Publish Date :
18, February, 2016
- Curator of luxury launches year-long campaign to celebrate exceptional suite offerings worldwide -
The pursuit of extravagance is being taken to new heights in hotels around the world as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts turns the spotlight on some of the sweetest suites in the luxury hotel business. This year, the hospitality leader will highlight these lavish, sought after and one-of-a-kind accommodations, to entice sophisticated travelers and promote a sense of discovery with guests worldwide. Aspirational travelers seeking an elevated and memorable guest experience can visit fairmont.com/suites, a unique online hub dedicated to highlighting the exceptional features, exclusive services and noteworthy bells and whistles of the brand’s unrivaled suite product.
Throughout the year, luxury lovers will get an insider’s glimpse into these chic and fashionable chambers, as Fairmont serves up curated collections of top suites from around the globe, ranging from rooms with the most unrivalled views to suites fit for royalty.
Following the famous adage of style icon Giorgio Armani, “Elegance is not about being noticed, it’s about being remembered,” Fairmont is kicking off the campaign with some of its most distinctive dwellings – its Most Expensive & Luxurious Suites. Many of these suites are so remarkable, they are considered among the world’s best and most iconic, celebrated and aspirational accommodations available. Featuring private, expansive spaces, unparalleled views, entertaining options, the finest amenities, and often, personalized service, this selection of suites are for when only the very best will do.
Featured suites, along with a selection of honorable mentions, include…
- Fairmont San Francisco’s lavish crown jewel, the Penthouse Suite, offers 6,000 square feet of sophisticated indulgence. Spanning the entire 8th floor of the historic property’s Main Building, it features three large bedrooms, a living room with a grand piano, a formal dining room, a kitchen, a two‐story library, a billiards room and an expansive terrace with sweeping views of San Francisco. A secret passageway concealed behind the library’s main bookshelf lends a sense of intrigue to the fabled suite. Its USD $18,000 per night price tag includes exceptional amenities and a fully stocked kitchen, plus dedicated personnel, including a butler, who are at the ready to pamper guests. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Expensive
- The showpiece at San Diego’s Fairmont Grand Del Mar is the Brisa Villa. This majestic and finely crafted 4,500 square foot villa combines the privacy of a home with the conveniences and amenities of a world‐class hotel. It offers three bedrooms, 4½ marble bathrooms, living and entertaining areas, a media room and a full kitchen, although guests can also choose 24-hour in-villa dining from the Mediterranean-inspired Amaya restaurant. The city’s renowned weather can be enjoyed on secluded terraces and climate‐controlled patios. Villa guests also enjoy a wide range of concierge and personal butler services, as well as amenities including unlimited golf. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Luxurious
- At the AAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, two magnificent Presidential Suites offer guests an excuse to luxuriate in residential style surrounded with the rich textures and spirit of the Southwest. The master bedroom showcases a wooden four-poster bed, dressing area with full-length mirror and additional seating, while the master bath boasts an oversized, granite jet tub and walk-in closet. A large parlor, separate conference and dining area, stone fireplace and large wet bar complete the distinctive space. These 3,225 square-foot suites are supremely located with balcony views of resort’s lush lagoons, desert landscape and the famed TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course.
- Fairmont San Jose unveils the recently updated International Luxury Suite and Fairmont Luxury Suite. These expansive 1,896 square foot suites are elegant and contemporary, with modern furnishings throughout. Each offers a bedroom with a seating area, separate parlor room, decorative fireplace, baby grand piano, hospitality-size coat closet, powder room and a dining room that seats eight. The spacious bathrooms feature amenities like in-mirror televisions and jetted whirlpool tubs. From the Luxury Suites’ windows, expansive views showcase California’s thriving tech hub, Silicon Valley.
- Offering sweeping views of Chicago’s expansive skyline, Lake Michigan and world-renowned parks, Fairmont Chicago’s Grand Park Suite offer guests a one-of-a-kind residential luxury experience. Located on the 37th floor, the one-bedroom Grand Suites feature warm, contemporary décor, modern furnishings, an expansive living area with plenty of lush seating, a guest powder room and unique extras like a Kawai grand piano, full kitchen or wet bar and fireplace. They also offer elegant, private settings that connect into one mega suite enhancing the view to 360 degrees. Following recent renovations, each of the five suites now boasts its own unique design and is accented with custom furniture. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Luxurious
- New York’s The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel is a legendary hotel steeped in history, and The Grand Penthouse Suite pays homage to this esteemed heritage. Named for Henry Hardenbergh, the hotel’s architect, it has been newly restored as one of The Legacy Suites at The Plaza. The dramatic, 2,100 square foot suite is located on the southwest corner of the hotel’s penthouse floor, affording extraordinary views of Central Park from large windows in the spacious living room. Flowing off of the master bedroom, an inviting private terrace on the suite’s second floor offers enchanting views of the Big Apple’s famous skyline. As befitting a suite this grand, guests enjoy the attention of a personal pre-arrival concierge, and white glove butler service while in residence.
- Visitors to Vancouver seeking the ultimate in luxury should look no further than Fairmont Pacific Rim’s The Chairman's Suite, often nicknamed the “Rock Star Suite” for its private elevator and elegant entertaining options. Inspired by a Balinese Villa, this 2,250 square foot, two-story masterpiece offers a spacious open floor plan. The suite includes a custom 8 foot Swarovski crystal chandelier that cascades over the two-story salon, a master bedroom located on the top floor featuring a fireplace, and an impressive 500 square foot en-suite marble bathroom with a hand-carved soaker tub. This lavish suite also offers two living room areas, a kitchen and pantry. The outdoor rooftop patio with expansive views of Coal Harbour and the North Shore Mountains includes a private gazebo with a meditation pond and fire pit, and private rooftop tented terrace. Guests of the suite also enjoy Fairmont Gold services and benefits including private check-in, personalized butler and concierge services. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Expensive
- The Lieutenant Governor Suite at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is one of this grand hotel’s prime attractions, with city views that are particularly spectacular under the night sky. Featuring traditional, distinguished decor with Art Deco flair, the 14th floor suite allows guests to travel back in time to the golden age of travel. It offers two sitting areas, a dining table that seats four, an ornamental fireplace, and can accommodate up to 20 people for gatherings. The suite often plays an important role on screen, with a recent starring role in the hit blockbuster 50 Shades of Grey.
- Fairmont Mayakoba on Mexico’s Riviera Maya offers three magnificent specialty suites, each in a unique setting. The Coral Suites overlook the meandering navigable canals; for more secluded pursuits guests get their very own island location with the La Tortuga suite; last but certainly not least is El Camaleon, which offers the best beachfront location anywhere in the Caribbean. Boasting a residential size and feel, these extravagant suites feature generous living and dining spaces, a master bedroom and two full bathrooms, and a large outdoor terrace with a private plunge pool, ideal for gatherings, celebrations or simply relaxing. With personalized butler service, the suites truly are the epitome of luxury in the mystical Mayan jungle.
- In London, The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel’s Royal Suite comprises a long run of rooms along the River front, permanently configured into an opulent one-bedroom residence which offers dramatic views of the River Thames and an awe-inspiring panorama of the city. Balancing a stunning Edwardian interior with modern features such as a bespoke multi-room media system, the suite offers a private dining room, lavishly-appointed marble bathroom, large walk-in wardrobe, study and entrance hall in addition to the sitting-room and bedroom. The sumptuous furnishings, beautiful artwork and bronze statues reminiscent of the original days of The Savoy connect guests with a strong sense of London’s history. A service kitchen is available for those traveling with a personal chef, and a Savoy butler is on hand 24-hours a day. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Luxurious
- Antique Scottish estate grandeur was the inspiration for the Kingdom of Fife Suite at Fairmont St Andrews. A private balcony overlooking the stunning surrounding golf courses and historic, medieval skyline of the ‘Home of Golf’ is the first attraction. The suite also features a luxurious living room, made cozy by its fireplace, as well as a traditional Scottish dining room with a rich mahogany table which can play host to up to ten guests (or in the language of golfers two and a half foursomes). The large master bedroom houses two individual dressing rooms, a power shower room and a separate Jacuzzi bathroom overlooking the panoramic views of picturesque St Andrews Bay.
- Monaco’s F1 Grand Prix is one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world, and the Fairmont Monte Carlo is the perfect place to catch the exciting action. The hotel’s Grand Prix Suites provide coveted views of the circuit, with a balcony overlooking the legendary Fairmont Hairpin turn in front of the hotel, as well as the entrance of the tunnel. Two other balconies frame views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Italian coastline. Three of the suites are dedicated to the greats of F1 driving: Sir Stirling Moss, David Coulthard and Jean Alesi, and integrate some of their personal racing memorabilia, including race suits, helmets, and autographed books and photos.
- Fairmont Peace Hotel boasts the Nine Nation Suites, unique rooms that pay homage to the cultural and stylistic influences of nine different countries. The suites were conceived by Sir Victor Sassoon, the hotel’s founder, and reflect the international nature of the original Peace Hotel and of Shanghai as an internationally significant destination. The original Chinese, Indian, English and American suites have been preserved from Sassoon’s time, while the French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and German suites have been redesigned, keeping with their original concepts. Each suite is approximately 178 square meters in size (almost 2,000 square feet), with a spacious living room, dining room, bedroom and bathroom. The suites have romantic panoramic views of the famous Bund and the Huangpu River across to Pudong, and they’ve hosted countless VIPs, diplomats and celebrities over the decades. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Expensive
- The Presidential Suite is Fairmont Nanjing’s most prestigious and luxurious home away from home. Guests who stay in the 260 square meter (over 2,800 square foot) Presidential Suite are met with an expansive bedroom, including a deluxe walk in closest, two living rooms, a dining room, full kitchen and a study. For movie lovers and gamers, a home theater sound system and two 70 inch LCD TVs with a PS3 game player complete the ultimate entertainment experience. Guests can enjoy views of the Yangtze River and stargazing with the suite’s very own private telescope. Located on the 59th floor of the hotel, the suite offers full access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge and all its exclusive privileges with personalized butler service upon request.
- The Sky Suites at Fairmont Jakarta offer travelers a true home-away-from-home experience, with the conveniences of a modern, luxury apartment enhanced by the ambience, amenities and services of a luxury hotel. The perfect choice for long stay accommodations, the spacious suites offer guests a kitchenette, dining area, living area and a choice of one or two bedrooms, as well as a work area with high speed Internet, a flat screen television and media panels.
MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- Fairmont Ajman’s two Royal Penthouse Suites offer stunning panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf flanked by an emerging city skyline. Measuring over 500 square meters (over 5,300 square feet), and perched high above the resort, these two-story penthouses with floor-to-ceiling windows are flooded with abundant natural light throughout the day. The suites feature three bedrooms with an option to connect to a 4th and the master bedroom is highlighted by a spacious spa marble bathroom with a dual unit rain shower experience and an oversized soaker bathtub. The Royal Penthouse Suites also offer a separate living area, dining room, entertainment space, full kitchen and bar set‐up and executive work desk with media panels. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Luxurious
- Fairmont Nile City’s Diplomatic Suite is the ultimate in urban chic, with its contemporary Art Déco furnishings and distinct panoramic views of the river Nile and the Pyramids in the distance. Spread over 233 square meters (over 2,500 square feet), the suite offers an open concept bathroom with sliding shutters, rain shower, and a private steam room. The suite offers a bedroom, a dressing room, a living room, a lounge, a dining area that can accommodate up to ten guests, a kitchenette, an office, a terrace, and a butler room as well as service for unrivaled comfort. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Luxurious
- Located on the fringe of the Masai Mara, commonly referred to as Africa’s greatest wildlife reserve, Kenya’s Fairmont Mara Safari Club has introduced a new tented experience perfect for families or larger groups. A spacious and fully furnished tent can comfortably accommodate upwards of six people and offers plush sofas, comfortable armchairs and a large dining table, four poster beds and modern en-suite bathrooms. An expanded outdoor balcony provides a perfect setting for viewing an astounding array of animals including zebras, cheetahs, gazelles and of course, the “Big Five”. Guests can dine outdoors at a boma, a structure influenced by traditional homesteads, and enjoy dinner prepared by the resort’s masterful chef. It’s also the perfect spot to experience time honored local crafts, music and dance.
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club was originally the refuge of movie star and Club founder William Holden, and today the famed resort’s most sophisticated lodgings are named in his honor. The twelve William Holden Cottages reflect the history and charm of the hotel’s original residence, and feature an impressive 329 square meter space (over 3,500 square feet) which is elegantly furnished and offers a spacious lounge, a beautiful stone fireplace, a regal five‐piece en-suite bathroom and an expansive private lawn overlooking the majestic mountain. *Fairmont Favorite – Most Expensive
* Featured on fairmont.com/suites
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale’s energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and decor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic hotels in the world, including The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Hotels & Resorts, a leading global hotel company that operates more than 130 hotels and branded residential properties under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.
For further information:
FRHI Hotels & Resorts