Back to Articles
Experience the Bright Lights of Big Cities with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Publish Date :
19, April, 2016
Extravagant suites offer a bird’s eye view of dynamic cityscapes worldwide
Magnificent cities inspire travelers and offer an unrivaled sense of discovery; bursting with energy, excitement and exploration. Connecting with a destination through its very core, atop some of the most breathtaking landmarks and their stunning backdrops, enhances the sought after cosmopolitan experience. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts boasts remarkable suites in the world’s most exciting urban centers, offering picture perfect access to panoramic skylines and providing a unique sense of place to travelers seeking an ‘elevated’ experience.
Helping urban explorers complete their travel to-do list, the luxury hotel brand is serving up some outstanding recommendations for Top City Views.
- Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim is in an enviable setting in one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Fairmont Gold Corner Suites are located on the 20th and 21st floors, and feature breathtaking views of Coal Harbour, Stanley Park and the snow‐capped North Shore Mountains. With 1,200 square feet of spacious elegance, these oversized corner suites come complete with a private patio, two oversized marble spa bathrooms, a King bed and a double sofa‐bed. Fairmont Gold guests also enjoy special privileges like private check‐in, exclusive concierge & butler service, and use of a signature lounge and a private terrace with spectacular views that will not disappoint.*
- Spanning the eighth floor of Fairmont San Francisco’s historic Main Building, the legendary Penthouse Suite has an expansive terrace offering sweeping views of the city skyline, including the Transamerica Pyramid and financial district, as well as San Francisco Bay, the Bay Bridge and beyond. Often listed as one of the world’s most coveted accommodations, the 6,000 square foot suite features three large bedrooms, a living room with grand piano, a formal dining room, a kitchen, a two‐story library, a billiards room and even a secret passageway concealed behind the library’s bookshelves, just to lend an extra sense of intrigue. Its $18,000 per night price tag includes exceptional amenities and a fully stocked kitchen, as well as a host of dedicated personnel, including a butler, ready to pamper guests.
- High atop Nob Hill, Fairmont San Francisco also offers Signature Golden Gate Suites, which boast spectacular panoramic views of the city and San Francisco Bay, including landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Coit Tower and the Transamerica Pyramid. Each suite provides a telescope so guests won’t miss a single detail. Situated in the corner of the Tower Building, on higher floors, the suites have abundant natural light. Beyond incomparable views, the suites feature a living room, a spectacular marble bathroom, flat‐panel TVs, pillow top beds and Bose sound systems.*
- Fairmont Pittsburgh’s three Grand Luxury Suites feature spacious living areas, comfortable bedrooms, and lavish bathrooms with soaking tubs and stand‐up glass showers. They are perfect for entertaining and can accommodate up to 20 guests for receptions. The most impressive feature of these contemporary 1,100 square foot suites is found on the building’s top floors: dramatic city views captured by floor‐to‐ceiling windows located throughout. The bedrooms face north, with views of the Allegheny River, North Shore and PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates. South‐facing views of Mt. Washington and the Monongahela River, Market Square and the iconic PPG Place can be seen from the living rooms. In‐suite telescopes ensure guests can appreciate these magnificent urban sites from the comfort of their room.*
- Fairmont Baku is the tallest building in Azerbaijan, so naturally it boasts the most compelling and unforgettable views. Sky high on the 27-28th floors of the iconic Flame Towers complex, the Caspian Suite has expansive windows that reach from the floor to the elevated ceiling, affording a breathtaking panorama across the sparkling waters of the largest enclosed sea in the world. The spacious, 1,292 square foot (120 square meter) suite features a private bedroom with King bed and luxurious en-suite, a guest bathroom and a kitchen. The living room and dining room make it perfect for entertaining, with the sea views providing a staggering backdrop.*
- Many cities offer views that are impressive, but a select few can boast that their vistas are iconic. In London, The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel offers its elegant Edwardian one‐bedroom Winston Churchill Suite, which pays homage to arguably Britain’s greatest Prime Minister and a regular visitor to the hotel throughout his entire life. From this storied suite guests enjoy views of iconic London landmarks and the legendary Thames River, a scene that inspired Monet to paint several of his masterpieces from this very hotel. Having founded a private dining club, “The Other Club” in 1910, he attended its dinners in a private capacity as often as possible until his death – in fact his final public appearance was at such a dinner in 1964. During the Second World War he lunched at The Savoy so frequently with members of his cabinet, that a suite was permanently reserved for him to enjoy one of his famous post-prandial catnaps.*
- Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten in Hamburg is found on the shores of the Inner Alster Lake, and its Deluxe Suites Lakeview offer breathtaking views of this beautiful natural spot in the center of the city. From the suites, guests can gaze over the Inner Alster Lake and Jungfernstieg Boulevard, with its galleries, high-end shops and meeting spots. The recently renovated suites boast custom designed furnishings and rich fabrics, and feature a foyer, an elegant living room, and an oversized bedroom with a King bed. The master bathroom offers a separate glass shower stall, a soaking tub, a large free‐standing basin and heated floor.
- The Penthouse Suites at Fairmont Singapore feature commanding top floor, panoramic views of the dynamic Singapore skyline or charming Marina Bay and the South China Sea. City views overlook several landmarks, including the Esplanade arts center, War Memorial Park, the Padang playing field and the Old Supreme Court Building. Stately and elegant, the suites boast a spacious living and dining room equipped with an all-surround Bose sound system, private balcony, a fully stocked kitchenette with pantry, opulently designed master bedroom and guestroom, two marbled bathrooms with tropical rain shower, and exclusive in-room facilities such as a private sauna and Jacuzzi.*
- The name of Fairmont Jakarta’s “Sky Suites” says it all. Found high above the bustling city, many of the suites offer dazzling views of the skyline, including glimpses of the National Monuments and the iconic Wisma 46 tower, as well as the glittering lights of high-rise buildings along the Sudirman and Thamrin thoroughfares by night. Other rooms overlook the lush greenery of the Senayan National Golf Club and these offer the best vantage point to see the sun set over Jakarta. The suites offer a home-away-from-home experience, with the conveniences of a residence and the amenities and services of a luxury hotel, and are perfect for long-stay accommodation. They feature a kitchenette, dining area, living area and a choice of one or two bedroom suites, a work area, flat screen television and media panels.
- In Manila, Fairmont Makati's Presidential Suite has floor-to-ceiling windows which offer stunning views of the Makati skyline, and on a clear day, Manila Bay and its picture postcard sunsets. A nearby, exclusive residential area is also visible. The opulent space features a separate living area, dining table, kitchenette, wine library and spacious spa marble bathroom with separate rain shower and large bath tub. Dedicated butler service is available upon request and guests of the suite also enjoy access to the exclusive Fairmont Gold Lounge.*
- Many seasoned travelers will put a visit to Egypt at the top of their wish list, and consider it a once-in-a-lifetime experience. A stay in Fairmont Nile City’s Diplomatic Suite enhances that by offering unmatched panoramic views of the Nile River and the Pyramids. Spread over 233 square meters (over 2,500 square feet), this chic, urban suite is styled with contemporary Art Deco furnishing, and features a dressing room, living room, lounge, kitchenette, dining area that can accommodate up to ten guests, office and a terrace. It also offers an open concept bathroom with sliding shutters, rain shower, and a private steam room with remarkable Nile River views. Butler service, available upon request, completes this magical suite escape.*
This year, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is highlighting a curated selection of lavish, one-of-a-kind suite accommodations in destinations worldwide. Aspirational travelers seeking an elevated and memorable guest experience can visit fairmont.com/suites, a unique online hub dedicated to highlighting the exceptional features, exclusive services and noteworthy amenities of the brand’s unrivaled suite product.
* Featured on fairmont.com/suites
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale’s energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and decor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic hotels in the world, including The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Hotels & Resorts, a leading global hotel company that operates more than 130 hotels and branded residential properties under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.
For further information:
FRHI Hotels & Resorts