Shop With Chef, An Apprentice Package
To squeeze or not to squeeze the local tomato? The Fairmont Royal York answers the question and shares the secret shopping haunts and hints for sustainable meat, fish and produce shopping. The hotel's award-winning culinary team offers it all up in the spirit of Apprenticeship and environmental stewardship with our Shop With Chef package.
This special package directs $10 of every room night sold to Ocean Wise, a Vancouver Aquarium conservation program dedicated to sourcing seafood that has been harvested in a sustainable manner.
- Two nights accommodation (Friday and Saturday) in a Fairmont room
- One hour culinary tour of the St. Lawrence Market, guided by a hotel chef
- Coffee for two at Pasta Mia, St. Lawrence Market
- Sample tasting at Golden Orchard Fine Foods
- Peameal bacon sandwiches for two at Carousel Bakery (vegetarian option also available)
- One-hour walking tour of the St. Lawrence Market with local historian Bruce Bell
- Four-course dinner for two in EPIC restaurant
Take on the role of a Chef's apprentice with a professional chef, exploring local producers at the St. Lawrence Market, tasting, and discovering the history of this local landmark.
Finish the evening with a four-course dinner featuring local, sustainable choices in EPIC, The Fairmont Royal York's four-diamond restaurant.
Between Wednesday, July 19, 2006
and Tuesday, December 31, 2013
This two-night weekend package starts at $749 CAD, based on double occupancy. Rate is subject to Taxes, Gratuities and a GTHA Tourism Marketing Program Fee.