CHEF'S APPRENTICE PACKAGE
SAN FRANCISCO Monday, October 03, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO, September 2011 – Epicurean-inclined guests seeking a delectably unforgettable experience in San Francisco can take delight in The Fairmont San Francisco’s “Chef’s Apprentice” package. Through this package, visitors can celebrate the abundant bounty, fine wine and hospitality of the Bay Area while enjoying a behind-the-scenes view of the culinary happenings at The Fairmont San Francisco, courtesy of the hotel’s Executive Chef jW Foster.
Gastronomic enthusiasts can enjoy plush accommodations at The Fairmont San Francisco and take pleasure in selecting ingredients for a personalized culinary experience while accompanied by the hotel’s Executive Chef jW Foster.
Starting at $899 plus tax , this package is available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday
year round and must be booked at least 72 hours in advance (subject to availability):
• One night’s luxurious accommodations for two in a Tower Suite with a picture-perfect view of San Francisco and the Bay
• A welcome amenity of organic wine and regional cheeses
• An early-morning tour of the world-renowned Ferry Building Farmers Market operated by CUESA (open 10:00am-2:00pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays and 8:00am-2:00pm on Saturdays), led by Executive Chef jW Foster. Here, guests can speak with farmers about their products and select fresh local ingredients, which will be showcased in a customized dinner for two prepared by the chef that evening, and enjoyed in the elegant Laurel Court Restaurant & Bar. (The hotel is delighted to provide early check-in for guests so that they can join the chef on his trip to the farmers market.)
• A champagne stroll with Chef Foster in The Fairmont’s Epicurean Garden with its fresh herbs, vegetables and honey beehives
• A sustainable gift bag filled with gourmet treats from the region as well as homemade selections including hand-harvested honey prepared by Chef Foster
Chef Foster brings a passion for food and its relationship with the local environment and community to his role as Executive Chef of The Fairmont San Francisco. He oversees all of the landmark hotel’s culinary operations, including three restaurants – The Laurel Court, The Tonga Room and Caffè Cento – as well as banquets and in-room dining.
“Northern California is truly a chef’s paradise -- I cannot imagine taking my shopping basket to a richer, more bountiful area. It is a pleasure to share the culinary delights of the region with our guests,” comments Foster.
To book the “Chef’s Apprentice” package or for more details on The Fairmont San Francisco’s assorted package options, please visit: http://www.fairmont.com/sanfrancisco/HotelPackages/
Located atop exclusive Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, two distinctive restaurants and a new European-style café, a health club and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
A leader in the global hospitality industry, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of 59 distinctive hotels, which includes iconic landmarks like The Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi and Canada's Fairmont Banff Springs. Fairmont hotels are one-of-a-kind properties where sophisticated travelers can discover culturally rich experiences that are authentic to the destination. Situated in some of the most exclusive and pristine areas in the world, Fairmont is committed to responsible tourism and is an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with its award-winning Green Partnership program.
Fairmont is owned by Fairmont Raffles Hotels International, a leading global hotel company with 94 hotels worldwide under the Raffles, Fairmont and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont and Raffles branded Residences, Estates and luxury private residence club properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.
The Fairmont San Francisco