The Fairmont San Francisco is Pleased to Endorse It's Candidate for Best Hotel
TO ENDORSE ITS CANDIDATE FOR BEST HOTEL “PRESIDENTIAL EXPERIENCE” PACKAGE Tuesday, October 09, 2012
The Famed Grand Dame Hotel Celebrates Election and Inauguration Season by Offering a Package Option Fit for a President
SAN FRANCISCO, October 8, 2012 – The Fairmont San Francisco is presenting a hotel package option that constituents of any party affiliation can elect to experience. Guest can enjoy a visit to the City by the Bay during election season and beyond with “The Fairmont San Francisco’s Presidential Experience” package. Also known as the “White House of the West” and “Residence of Presidents,” the hotel celebrates its storied history of hosting heads of state, including every U.S. President since William Howard Taft, through this unparalleled VIP package.
“The Fairmont San Francisco has had the honor and privilege of welcoming presidents and heads of state for over 100 years,” says Tom Klein, Regional Vice President and General Manager of The Fairmont San Francisco. “Our team will be thrilled to offer our honorary “first guests” the same world class, seamless service that we deliver during presidential visits.”
“First Guests” will be greeted by a presidential detail and make their way to The Fairmont San Francisco in a black SUV “presidential motorcade.” Upon arrival at the hotel, which boasts the United Nations Charter being drafted on property in 1945 by proudly flying the represented nations’ flags above the porte cochere, the VIP guests will receive a full presidential reception.
Upon checking in, guests will enjoy four nights in the hotel’s famed Penthouse Suite, which played host to a famed 1945 United Nations dinner hosted by President Harry S. Truman and was the accommodation of choice for President John F. Kennedy during his 1963 visit. Spanning the entire eighth floor of the historic Main Building of The Fairmont San Francisco, the Penthouse Suite offers 6,000 square feet of luxury and features three large bedrooms, a living room with grand piano, a formal dining room, a kitchen, a two-story circular library, a billiard room, and an expansive terrace with sweeping city views. Legend has it that a special guest of John F. Kennedy used a secret doorway concealed behind bookshelves on the library’s second floor during his stay in May 1963.
The Fairmont San Francisco’s “First Guests” will also enjoy the following:
• Presidential “Motorcade” Transportation throughout the visit
• Fairmont Presidential Detail Escorts throughout the visit
• An exclusive “pre-inaugural ball” soiree in the Penthouse Suite, including champagne, caviar and hors d'oeuvres for up to 50 invited guests
• A private dinner for 12 in the Penthouse Suite’s stunning Dining Room, using the original menu and china from Harry S. Truman’s 1945 United Nations Conference visit dinner at the hotel. Truman checked into the hotel again in 1948 during a West Coast Tour.
• A Presidential Portrait photo shoot in the Penthouse Suite Library
• Dinner for four in the hotel’s Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar - Prior to his presidency, President Ronald Reagan swam laps in the restaurant’s Olympic size pool, when it was known as “The Plunge”
• Takeout Service from San Francisco’s Great Eastern Restaurant -recently visited by President Barack Obama
• Escorted Tour of Muir Woods - President Theodore Roosevelt created Muir Woods National Monument in 1908. In 1945, as part of the founding of the United Nations, delegates from 48 countries held a memorial for Franklin Roosevelt’s death in Muir Woods' Cathedral Grove. A plaque in his honor remains in the spot today.)
• Dinner for four at Slanted Door - President Bill Clinton was a famous fan of restaurant’s original Valencia Street location
• Escorted Tour of City Hall - President Warren G. Harding's body lay in state under the rotunda following his death in San Francisco in 1923.
• Daily in-room breakfast service
• Private access to Club One Fitness Center in the hotel
• A $5,000 Shopping Spree at SAKS Fifth Avenue in Union Square with personal shopper assistance
• Amenities and services provided by “The Loggia Shops at The Fairmont San Francisco” including:
o Daily in-room hair and make-up provided by Mr. Eckhard Beauty Salon, whose stylists regularly provide services to the political elite
o Daily custom floral arrangements throughout the Presidential Suite provided by Ornamento
o One-of-a-kind 18karat gold or platinum jewelry piece designed and hand-crafted by Robin Woolard Precious Jewels
o Cigars to be enjoyed on the Penthouse Terrace, provided by Vendetta
The price of this unparalleled four-night experience is $180,000. Available October 8 – January 21. “The Fairmont San Francisco Presidential Experience Package” is based on availability. For more information or to book this package please call 415-772-5489
ABOUT THE FAIRMONT SAN FRANCISCO
The Fairmont San Francisco offers 591 newly renovated guest rooms and suites with unrivaled views of the San Francisco Bay Area, three distinctive restaurants and easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. The hotel is located atop Nob Hill at 950 Mason Street. For reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, which will arrive in destinations as diverse as Jaipur, Kyiv and Manila in 2012, is a celebrated collection of more than 60 luxury properties around the globe, including Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel, The Plaza in New York, and Makkah Clock Royal Tower in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The luxury brand's distinctive hotels offer a sense of heritage and sophistication, warm, engaging service and culturally rich experiences. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also recognized internationally for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Holdings Limited, a leading global hotel company with over 100 hotels under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel branded luxury private residences club, whole-ownership residences and serviced residences properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414, visit fairmont.com, or contact your local travel professional.
Become a fan of Fairmont. Join our online communities at everyonesanoriginal.com, facebook.com/fairmonthotels, and twitter.com/fairmonthotels. For career opportunities, visit facebook.com/fairmontcareers.