At The Fairmont San Jose, we believe meetings and conferences can have a positive impact beyond the meeting room, as today’s responsible companies and planners endeavor to seek out opportunities to give something back to their meeting destinations. Our creative event planners custom tailor programs to meet the needs of your busy group while at the same time offering unique opportunities to positively impact our community.
We offer planners the opportunity to:
- minimize their meeting footprint with Eco-Meet, our exclusive green conference planning option that lessens the environmental impact of the meeting through reduced resource consumption
Click here to view the Hotel Green Initiatives
- give back on a more personal level through one of our hands-on volunteerism programs that allow meeting planners and their guests to bond as a team through shared community outreach excursions such as completing final steps in the creation of a new home with Habitat for Humanity - San Jose
Click here to view the Hotel Volunteers Option
- designate 10% of guest room revenue to either a local charity supported by The Fairmont San Jose and aligned with Fairmont’s commitment to community well-being and environmental sustainability, or to one that resonates more closely with their guests
Click here to view the Meetings that Matter Promotion
- ChargePoint Charging Stations are available complimentary for guests with hybrid vehicles on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The heating of our guest swimming pool is supplemented by solar power.
- For all guests staying multiple nights, housekeeping will change the linen every second day. Towels that are left hanging will not be removed, only towels left on the floor, shower or tub, will be replaced. Of course if a guest so chooses, we gladly change the sheets daily.
- The hotel uses eco-conscious cleaning products.
- Chose paperless check in and check out at the Front Desk, while guests may alternatively check out using the TV in their guestroom. A dedicated TV channel provides hotel information and updates to all guests. We will stop daily guestroom newspaper delivery upon request. We email letters and contracts whenever possible.
- Approximately 87% of the hotel uses compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL), replacing traditional incandescent bulbs. In the United States, a CFL can save over US$30 in electricity costs over the lamp’s lifetime compared to an incandescent lamp, and save 2000 times their own weight in greenhouse gases.