The Savoy and Exclusive Access to the Royal Opera House
London, August 13, 2013
The Savoy and the Royal Opera House have both played host to stars of stage and screen since the last century. Historically, legendary performers such as Nellie Melba and Maria Callas have chosen The Savoy as their home from home while gracing the stage of the Royal Opera House.
In celebration of the long-standing relationship between two such iconic London landmarks, The Savoy and the Royal Opera House introduce a series of inspiring experiences for guests looking to combine an evening at the ballet or opera with a stay in one of London’s finest hotels.
A Stay at The Savoy and the World Premiere of Elizabeth presented by The Royal Ballet
Guests can combine a stay in a River View Suite with the unique opportunity to attend The Royal Ballet’s world premiere of Elizabeth on 27 November 2013. The Silver Darling, a luxury river yacht moored at Savoy Pier, will transport guests to the Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College Greenwich for the performance, followed by a special dinner with the cast and artistic team in attendance.
The intimate evening of song, dance, drama and music, follows the life of Elizabeth through the lens of the men she loved and that loved her, supported and betrayed her. Royal Ballet Principal Zenaida Yanowsky and the award-winning actress Lindsay Duncan both star as Elizabeth, with Principal Guest Artist Carlos Acosta dancing the roles of her lovers, accompanied on stage by Raphael Wallfisch on cello and the voice of rising opera star baritone Duncan Rock.
- One-night stay at The Savoy in a River View Suite with breakfast.
- Fruit de Mer platter and glass of Champagne for two in Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill.
- Return river transfer to Greenwich on the Silver Darling luxury river yacht.
- Two tickets to The Royal Ballet’s world premiere of Elizabeth with pre-performance reception and after show dinner with cast and artistic team.
Priced from £4900 including VAT and based on two people sharing a Junior River View Suite. Subject to availability up to 1 October 2013.
From Royal Suite to Royal Box
To coincide with the Royal Opera House’s winter season performances of The Royal Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet and The Nutcracker, The Savoy has announced a two-night stay in the Royal Suite with the chance to host a private cocktail reception for friends before heading off to an evening at the ballet enjoyed from the Royal Box. This exclusive package includes:
- Two-night stay for two people in the Royal Suite at The Savoy including breakfast (one night must coincide with performance dates).
- One-hour cocktail reception with glass of Champagne, glass of wine and canapés for up to ten guests in the Royal Suite on the afternoon of the performance.
- Pre performance backstage tour at the Royal Opera House with the opportunity to enjoy the curtain calls from on stage.
- Ten Royal Box tickets and programmes for all guests.
- Seated dinner for up to ten guests in the Royal Retiring Room.
- Personal Butler service for the entire evening at the Royal Opera House.
Priced from £28,050 and available on the following dates up to 31 October 2013:
Tuesday 3 December: The Royal Ballet’s Romeo and Juliet / Friday 6 December: The Royal Ballet’s The Nutcracker / Saturday 14 December: The Nutcracker
Festive Stay at The Savoy and Behind the Scenes at the Royal Opera House
The Savoy introduces a unique opportunity for parties of four to celebrate the festive season, with a one-night stay and tickets to The Royal Ballet’s The Nutcracker or Jewels, or The Royal Opera’s Carmen at the Royal Opera House. Guests will have the chance to go behind the scenes with a pre-performance backstage tour and will enjoy the performance from a private Grand Tier Box.
- One-night stay for four people in two Deluxe Rooms at The Savoy including breakfast.
- Private dinner at the Royal Opera House.
- Pre-performance backstage tour.
- Tickets to the ballet for four people in a Grand Tier Box.
Priced from £5,095 for four and available on the following dates up to 30 November 2013:
Thursday 12 December: The Royal Ballet’s The Nutcracker / Saturday 21 December: The Royal Opera’s Carmen / Tuesday 7 January: The Royal Ballet’s Jewels
For further press information or images of The Savoy, please contact:-
Emma Allam, Director of Communications, The Savoy
Email: email@example.com or Tel: +44(0)20 7420 2329
Charlotte Faith, Press Officer, The Savoy
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44(0)20 7420 2372