- Cribs available upon request
- Availability of connected rooms
- Accommodations for nannies
Kids aged 4-12:
- Train Town – This terrific place has an actual miniature steam locomotive which takes you on a 20 minute train ride through a 10 acre landscaped park filled with trees, animals (petting zoo), bridges, tunnels, waterfalls, and historic replica structures. There’s also an Iron Horse Carousel, High Iron Ferris Wheel, Dragon Train Coaster & Other Rides. This is one of Sonoma, California's top family attractions.
20264 Broadway, Sonoma, (707) 938-3912, Winter hours: Friday - Sunday 10 am - 5 pm, Spring - Fall: 7 days a week 10 am - 5 pm.
- Depot Park & Sonoma Plaza - This great little park houses a small train museum. Outside is a real train car suitable for climbing and exploring. The park has play equipment designed for pint-sized people and is very fun and safe. The Plaza park is larger with more play equipment and a great duck pond.
Depot Park & Train Museum is located at 270 First Street West, Sonoma, (707) 938-1762.
- Redwood Empire Ice Arena / Snoopy’s Home Ice - Great ice skating arena 30 minutes north of Sonoma Valley.
1667 W. Steele Lane, Santa Rosa, (707) 546-7147
Teens aged 13+:
- Safari West - Great fun for the whole family! Pile into the jeep and pretend you’re in Kenya. Rangers lead groups on 2 ½ hour tours through the animal preserve. Half of the tour consists of being driven by your guide in an authentic safari vehicle, the reminder of the time you’re allowed to stroll amongst the giraffes, primates and enjoy our open-air aviary. Savannah Café is available for wine country cuisine and African themed meals.
3115 Porter Creek Road, Santa Rosa, (707) 579-2551.
- Benziger Family Winery's Tractor Tram Tour - Located here in the Sonoma Valley, this beautiful and family run winery was the first to apply bio-dynamic farming to winemaking. They offer a great tractor tram tour of their gorgeous vineyards and winery. The tour is operated daily from 11 am until 3:30 pm every half hour (except 12 noon) with no appointment necessary. The tour is very fun and educational as well.
1883 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen.
- Sonoma Flying Trapeze Classes (Summer Only) - Yes, that’s right! It's acrobatics in Sonoma Valley! $40 per class. Safe, fun, outdoor flying trapeze on Sunday only, May - October. Adults and children welcome. Try it!
16331 Norbom Road, Sonoma (510) 419-0700.
- Main Pool: The main swimming pool is open seasonally during the warm weather months. For guests wishing to swim laps or take children swimming during the winter months, please visit the Front Desk to obtain a complimentary pass to our localSonoma Aquatic Club.
- Coming soon – complimentary amenity kits for Babies & Tots including an Ollie the Otter stuffed animal, no-tears hair wash, cleansing soap, toothbrush & paste, bubble bath and gentle lotion.
We recommend Guests book directly with the following baby-sitting services:
At all Fairmont hotels, kids aged 5 and under eat free off the children’s menu while kids aged 6-11 eat for half price off the regular menu. New this year: The expansion of the brand’s Lifestyle Cuisine program to children’s menus - offering a healthy twist on the usual kid-friendly favorites such as chicken strips, pizza, spaghetti with meatballs and even chocolate mousse. Chefs are in the process of swapping out refined flour for whole wheat, incorporating fruits and vegetables into recipes to help meet the recommended daily fiber allowance, and employing alternative cooking methods to help ensure healthier choices are made available to young diners.
Big 3 Restaurant
The Big 3 has been pleasing customers of all ages for over 50 years with its casual bistro atmosphere, hearty country breakfasts and eclectic American cuisine. The Big 3 features a kid’s corner of toys. Families can also visit the Big 3 Market and purchase a variety of travel games, books, toys and children’s clothes.