The closest airport to The Fairmont Southampton is L.F. Wade International Airport (BDA) formerly named Bermuda International Airport, located in St. George's, approximately 35 minutes from The Fairmont Southampton.
RENTAL CARS AND BUSES
Bermuda must be about the only place left in the world where visitors cannot rent automobiles. Why not? Tourist safety on unfamiliar, often narrow, winding, sharply twisting roads, is cited as the main reason. Another factor is Bermuda's very small physical size and fourth-largest population per square mile in the world (after Gibraltar, Hong Kong and Monaco). Buses and taxis are readily available for guests to get around the island. Bus tokens available at the Concierge Desk and Hotel Front Desk.
Taxis are available at the airport, hotel, City of Hamilton, and are available by calling the Bermuda Taxi Association at 441-296-2121. Taxi fare from Airport is approximately $40.00 USD, plus tip (1-4 persons) and is a 30 minute drive each way.
Shuttle service to and from airport can be arranged by making online reservations at www.limobermuda.com or by calling directly to 441-234-4366. Rates subject to change without notice.
Mopeds can be rented from Smatt's Cycle Livery, Ltd. on hotel property
- Must be minimum 16 years of age
- All rentals include lock, helmet, map and carry basket
- Cash, credit card (Visa or Mastercard) accepted, or charge to guestroom
- Rates available from the Smatt's Cycle Livery, Ltd. website
Between Southampton and Hamilton
Exclusive for hotel guests of The Fairmont Southampton and The Fairmont Hamilton Princess (Hotel ID required)
- Ferry services for guests operates between the Waterlot Inn at The Fairmont Southampton and the dock at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess (weather permitting). Please consult seasonal schedules
- Golf clubs/bags are permitted on board, but no luggage is allowed
- This beautiful scenic ride takes about 25 minutes one way between the islands
Self parking is available for mopeds only, free of charge.