Fairmont Chateau Whistler Cooks Up 10 New Culinary Creations for Summer
Whistler Tuesday, June 19, 2012
With patio season upon us, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler has whipped up 10 new ways to tempt your taste buds that are a must try for your summer bucket list.
- Fairmont Fridays – are back and better than ever. Kicking off June 8th in The Mallard Lounge and Terrace, Fairmont Fridays are a great way to start off the weekend with live music and $5 beer from Whistler Brewing, $5 wine from Jackson Triggs and a feature $5 cocktail weekly. Enjoy free passed appetizers before you head outside to the croquet lawn for a game of bocce ball or badminton. Follow #FairmontFriday on Twitter for weekly updates.
- Afternoon Tea – get those pinkies up June 15th as Afternoon Tea returns to The Fairmont Chateau Whistler for summer. Offering a “Whistler” tea experience complete with scones and homemade jams, BBQ duck buns, savory turnovers and a selection of petit fours for dessert. Served from 2-4 pm in The Mallard Lounge daily.
- Sunday Brunch – starting June 17th and continuing throughout the summer, Fairmont Sunday Brunch will be taking place in the Wildflower restaurant from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm weekly. Signature items include King Crab Legs, freshly carved AAA Prime Rib a selection of Dim Sum items and freshly prepared Belgium waffles with your choice of toppings; it’s a meal not to be missed!
- Chef’s Patio Party – On Friday August 17th, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Chef’s will be cooking up an outdoor patio party like no other in town. Enjoy a selection of food and beverage stations featuring local farmers, wineries and Whistler Brewery; all while listening to live music on The Mallard Terrace. Tickets for this culinary event will be available in advance by calling 604-938-2036. More details coming soon!
- Healthy Kids Menu – tired of feeding the kids burgers and fries for dinner every night while on vacation? Try our new children’s Lifestyle Menu with healthy dining choices including baked chicken fingers served with crudities, whole wheat pasta, gluten free pizza and fruit kabobs for dessert. It’s a menu both parents and kids will love.
- Golf and Grill – The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course will have you working up an appetite with the new Golf and Grill dining special. Book a round of afternoon golf and for an additional $10 enjoy a hearty dinner back at the clubhouse overlooking the 18th tee. Details atfairmontgolf.com/whistler
- Dine in Whistler – running through to June 28, enjoy a 3 course dinner in The Wildflower or Grill Room Restaurant from $39 and $49 respectively. Enjoy a selection of Oceanwise seafood, AAA Prime Beef, fresh garden salads and decadent dessert options for a price that won’t break the bank. Take a glimpse of our online menus here.
- Healthy Thirst Quenchers – Portobello Market and Fresh Bakery introduces homemade Italian sodas for summer made with fresh fruit puree, soda water and sweetened with all natural agave syrup. With fun flavors like Blue Steel, Cherry Chonga and Misty Mojito they’ll be refreshing guests all summer long.
- Social Media Day – The Fairmont Chateau Whistler will say thank you to all of our friends,fans and followers by taking part in Social Media Day, Saturday June 30th, and offer a free tweet-worthy appetizer to all parties who spend $20 or more in The Mallard Lounge. Follow #smday for updates on Social Media Day worldwide.
- Fresh Summer Fare - The Grill Room is lightening things up for summer with new seasonal dishes including table-side burata cheese for two, chilled prawn and asparagus salad and Steelhead salmon with baby clams and chorizo. Finish dinner of with an apple tart or chocolate cherry cake.
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, you'll discover a chateau-style hotel with luxurious rooms, a wide array of dining options, ski-in/ski-out mountain access, and a full-service spa. For more information on dining options and Summer Whistler Resort Hotel Packagesavailable, please call The Fairmont Chateau Whistler at 1-800 606-8244 or visit us online at www.fairmont.com/whistler.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, which will arrive in destinations as diverse as Jaipur, Kyiv and Manila in 2012, is a celebrated collection of more than 60 luxury properties around the globe, including Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel, The Plaza in New York, and Makkah Clock Royal Tower in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The luxury brand's distinctive hotels offer a sense of heritage and sophistication, warm, engaging service and culturally rich experiences. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also recognized internationally for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Holdings Limited, a leading global hotel company with over 100 hotels under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel branded luxury private residences club, whole-ownership residences and serviced residences properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit fairmont.com.
Become a fan of Fairmont. Join our online communities at everyonesanoriginal.com, facebook.com/fairmonthotels, andtwitter.com/fairmonthotels. For career opportunities, visit facebook.com/fairmontcareers.