Exlporing The Zimbali Region
Fairmont Zimbali Resort offers easy access to:
- Game-viewing, safari outings, hiking, mountain biking and dolphin tours
- Historical Zulu battlefields
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park and uKhahlamba/Drakensburg Park, each a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Zimbali Country Club’s Tom Weiskopf– designed 18-hole golf course and the Durban Country Club, South Africa’s top-ranked course
- Soccer, rugby, cricket, polo and rally races.
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- All of the Hotel's drinking water is filtered, including the ice machines. Local and international bottled waters are also widely available.
- Tap water is safe to drink.
- A valid Passport is required by all visitors. Please note that requirements may change at any time. Consult your countries travel bureau well in advance of your trip for the current necessary documents.
GMT/UTC +2:00 hours
The official language is English, however Zulu is also spoken in most tourist places.
Durban is the third most populous city in South Africa, forming part of the eThekwini metropolitan municipality.
It is the largest city in KwaZulu-Natal and is famous as the busiest port in Africa. It is also a major centre of tourism due to the city's warm subtropical climate and beaches.
ZAR: South African Rand
Taxes: 14% VAT
Tipping is customary in South Africa. A guideline for visitors is the following: Porters R5 per item, taxis 10%, waiters and waitresses in restaurants 10 - 15%.
South Africa has 220-240 volt / 50 cycles (Hz) per second electricity, meaning unless your computer or appliance is dual voltage or designed for 220 volts, you will need a converter (transformer).
Visitors from the UK or Europe will not need adapters or converters but visitors from North America will.
There are 115/240 v shaving sockets in every bathroom, and 3-point square pin sockets in all bedrooms.
Useful Website: www.walkabouttravelgear.com/wwelect
*** You'll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the list of countries.
Light-weight, cool clothing is recommended by day. Smart-casual or formal attire by night, with light jackets.
The following link has the list of public holidays.