• Two nights luxury accommodation in a Fairmont Mountainview Room
• Welcome reception on Friday with Casey Anderson
• Poppy Brasserie Buffet Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
• Chateau Deli Bagged Lunch on Saturday
• Dinner Saturday with Casey
• Welcome amenity, including a copy of Casey Anderson's book "The Story of Brutus"
• Guided Hike Saturday (Not suitable for children under 10 years of age. The hotel offers baby-sitting services if required.)
• Reserved seating at "Bear With Me" presentation by Casey Anderson
• Grizzly Gondola pass to the Lake Louise Ski Resort
• One hour canoe rental on Lake Louise
• Hike to Lake Agnes with our Mountain Adventure Guides and meet Casey Anderson at the top for an early lunch and time to hear about more of Casey’s wild adventures. One of the most famous hikes in the Canadian Rockies, this destination has it all: an enjoyable trail and stunning views. Distance: 7 km (4.5 miles) return or 3.5 km from Lake Louise. Elevation Gain: 400 m (1300 ft). Altitude: 2135 m (7005 ft). Difficultly: moderate.
• Participate in Casey’s presentation, Bear With Me, where Casey discusses his unique relationship with Brutus and offers insight into grizzly bears and wild animals, in general. Through hair-raising stories from the field, his life with Brutus, and the lessons learned along the way, Casey explains how his experiences have made him a better person, and have nurtured in him a passion to help preserve the planet.
• Plenty of time to discover Lake Louise at your own pace.
• Only 24 people can participate in this package and there will be lots of time to spend with Casey in the small group.
Weekend Itinerary - Three days, two nights
Friday, October 7 – Arrive in Lake Louise
Arrive in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and enjoy a scenic two-hour drive to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise through the Rocky Mountains. All activities will originate from the hotel. Start your adventure with an evening welcome reception and meet Casey Anderson.
Saturday, October 8 – Hike & Learn
Feast on a hearty breakfast buffet before a four-hour guided hike with our Mountain Adventure Guides to Lake Agnes. Meet Casey there for lunch and story time before returning to the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to relax and explore at your own pace. Join Casey for his afternoon “Bear With Me” presentation, and then enjoy a sumptuous dinner with Casey crafted by our talented culinary team.
Sunday, October 9 – Discover Lake Louise and Head Home
The morning is yours to discover; linger over our buffet breakfast, paddle a canoe on Lake Louise and visit the Lake Louise Ski Resort and (hopefully) spot a grizzly from the Grizzly Gondola. Check-out of the hotel and take the 1A highway back through Banff National Park to spot more wildlife before returning to Calgary.
What to Bring
• Resort casual clothing for all meals and Casey's presentation.
• Good hiking footwear, layers of clothing, hat, gloves, jacket, sunscreen, camera, day back-pack to carry your lunch on Saturday and any cash you would like to spend at the tea house or ski resort.
This package is available for stays from Friday, October 07, 2016 to Sunday, October 09, 2016
From $829* per person, based on double occupancy in a Fairmont Mountainview Room (total weekend price for two adults in one guestroom from $1658*), plus applicable taxes. *Package subject to availability at time of reservation. Two night stay required for October 8 & 9, 2016.
Rates for accompanying children, single or triple occupancy, are also available. Subject to availability at time of booking. With advance notice, special dietary needs can be accommodated.
To reserve this package or inquire for more details, please contact Davina Bernard and reference the "Into The Wild with Casey Anderson" package. Due to limited space, online bookings will not be available. Email Davina.Bernard@Fairmont.com or call direct 1 403 522 1638.