At The Fairmont Royal York, we believe meetings and conferences can have a positive impact beyond the meeting room, as today’s responsible companies and planners endeavor to seek out opportunities to give something back to their meeting destinations. Our creative event planners custom tailor programs to meet the needs of your busy group while at the same time offering unique opportunities to positively impact our community.
We offer planners the opportunity to:
- minimize their meeting footprint with Eco-Meet, our exclusive green conference planning option that lessens the environmental impact of the meeting through reduced resource consumption
Click here to view the Hotel Green Initiatives
- give back on a more personal level through one of our hands-on volunteerism programs that allow meeting planners and their guests to bond as a team through shared community outreach excursions such as donating to Interval House Shelter for women and children
Click here to view the Hotel Volunteers Option
- designate 10% of guest room revenue to either a local charity supported by The Fairmont Royal York and aligned with Fairmont’s commitment to community well-being and environmental sustainability, or to one that resonates more closely with their guest. On a local level, The Fairmont Royal York partners with:
- Fatal Light Awareness Program (FLAP) in an effort to save the lives of thousands of birds flying through Toronto every year.
- Green Cuisine through the purchase of local, organic, Fair Trade and sustainable food products, and a rooftop garden and apiary.
- Second Harvest>
- Children's Wish Foundation
- Interval House, shelter for women and children
Click here to view the Meetings that Matter Promotion
At The Fairmont Royal York, Meetings that Matter is more than just a phrase. We invite you to learn more about our corporate commitment.