125th Anniversary Countdown
Every day for the month leading up to The Savoy’s 125th Anniversary on 6 August, we will be offering an exclusive Savoy Experience to our Facebook fans. Check our Facebook page daily for your chance to win fantastic prizes and receive exclusive offers at The Savoy and select European Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Click here to visit our Facebook page
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to those who are 18 or over excluding employees of Fairmont Hotels (“The Promoter”) or The Savoy Hotel, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. Promotional Period: The 125th Anniversary Countdown promotion is open between 11:00 6th July 2014 and 23.59 6th August 2014. Within this there will be 17 different Daily Promotional Periods on Facebook that will all open at 11:00 and close at 23:59. These Daily Promotional Periods will be announced on The Savoy Facebook page on the day that they start and will open at 11:00 (the “Opening Time”). Entries made outside of the announced Promotional Periods will not be accepted.
3. No purchase is necessary, however internet access and a valid Facebook account is required.
4. Maximum of one entry per person per day is permitted. A maximum only one prize per person can be won throughout the entire promotional period.
5. To Enter: Entrants must visit www.facebook.com/FairmontSavoy and like the page if they have not already done so. Entrants must then like the daily promotional post on Facebook. Entrants will be entered into the Daily Prize Draw for the relevant promotional post that they have liked.
6. The Prizes: For each Daily Promotional Period there will be 1 winner of a prize that will be revealed at the Opening Time of that Daily Promotional Period.
7. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Daily Promotional Periods will be will be entered into a random Prize Draw, and conducted within 3 working days of the closing date. Upon acceptance of the prize the Winner will then be announced on the The Savoy’s Facebook page.
8. Winner notification: The Winners will be notified by either a private message or via public tag on the The Savoy’s Facebook page within 3 days of the Daily Prize Draw. The winner will be required to respond within 14 days of the date of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. Further communication regarding the prize will then be communicated offline. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to another entrant in the same manner.
9. Winners and their guests must ensure that they are available and in the UK on the date that their prize fulfilment has been confirmed for. Should winners not be able to accept the prize or are unable to arrange and pay for transportation to ensure that they are at the confirmed venue of their prize on the stipulated date they should reject the prize so that it can be awarded to a reserve winner in the same random manner.
13. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, any transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, and other miscellaneous expenses are at the Winner’s sole responsibility.
10. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material which includes social media.
11. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. In the event for any reason a prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
14. Winners of any tickets, places or of the overnight stay and their guest must abide by the Terms and Conditions of these which form part of their prize. Failure to produce proof of valid entry on request may result in being asked to leave the venue, event or masterclass. Whilst at the applicable venue, winners and their guests must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Winners and their guests consent to be photographed at the event. The Promoter is not liable for loss, injury or damage to winners and their guests unless it has breached a legal duty of care owed to them. Winners and their guests must ensure they take care when moving around the venue. The Promoter is not liable for damage or loss to Winner’s and their guest’s property unless this occurred due to the Promoter’s wilful misconduct. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winner and their guest being asked to leave the venue.
12. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information that the Entrant provides will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion unless the Entrant has agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the promotion all Entrants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook.
13. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
14. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an Entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that Entrant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
16. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
18. The name and region of the winners will be available by sending an SAE to “125th Anniversary Countdown, Communications Office, The Savoy, Strand, London, WC2R 0EU. Within 2 months of the closing date of the Promotional Period.
20. By entering the Promotion, the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
21. By entering this promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
22. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: The Savoy Hotel Limited, 5th floor Northwest Wing, Bush House, Aldwich, London, WC2B 4EZ