Hotel of the Year
Seattle, WA, January 25, 2013
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS NAMES HOTEL OF THE YEAR—
The Fairmont Olympic Hotel Wins Two Coveted Honors
Seattle, January 25, 2013-- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts President Jennifer Fox announced the recipients of the coveted Hotel of the Year award at the annual General Managers meeting held in Dubai. This honor recognizes overall performance - the criteria are improvement, consistency and achievement across the company’s Four Pillars – Colleague, Guest, RevPar and Gross Operating Profit, or GOP.
The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is now a two-time winner of this prestigious award and continues to display an unwavering commitment to exceeding guest expectations, as measured in JD Powers Guest Satisfaction Program. The Fairmont Olympic last won this honor in 2006; General Manager Dennis Clark has the unique distinction of being the only GM to earn this honor twice at the same property.
• The Fairmont Olympic ranked amongst the best in the Fairmont brand for a Guest Satisfaction rating of 870 - gaining 27 index points over the previous year; it also ranked very high in terms of GSE with a mark of 8.71, displaying double-digit increase of .13 over 2011
• Year in and year out, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel is also a leader in terms of Meeting Planner satisfaction – this year achieving a mark of 971 out of 1000 – the very best in the company
• The hotel placed second in the Company as ranked by Leading Quality Assurance Audit with a score of 82.3%
• In addition to its unique ability to exceed guest expectations, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel was also able to over-achieve against it GOP budget by nearly 10% while surpassing its top-line revenue budget by 6%. It was also able to significantly improve its RevPAR index by 5% in a very competitive market;
• And, finally, its Colleague Engagement Survey scores are amongst the highest in the company at 4.66, improving by .15 over 2011.
These extraordinary results are driven by the passionate commitment of all employees, and they do so in a very competitive and challenging environment on a consistent basis. Their efforts did not go unnoticed by guests in 2012 who enthusiastically shared why they look forward to returning often – here are a few of their comments:
• “The entire staff always makes us feel at home.”
• “A truly wonderful experience - a great feel, and a wonderful staff. I travel around the world…I love this hotel for its warmth and comfort.”
• “Extraordinary property presented and managed in a manner befitting its distinction.”
• “The staff made the trip. I have never had that level of professional service….truly appreciated. Consistently excellent, particularly regarding customer service. The staff anticipates my needs and goes out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.”
THE FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS AND THE FAIRMONT OLYMPIC HOTEL TIE for 2012 Environmental Hotel of the Year
Year after year, the Fairmont brand continues to build on our commitment to environmentally responsible operations through innovation and ever improving best practices. It comes as no surprise that this year there was a tie for the 2012 Environmental Hotel of the Year –Evergreen category title. With a proven track record of energy conservation and community outreach, among many highlights during the past year, The Fairmont Banff Springsimplemented an extensive energy tracking strategy, and fundraising in support of a wind turbine for a local high School.
The second winner, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle, will add the “Environmental Hotel of the Year” title to another prestigious honor, having been named Washington State Recycling Association “Recycler of the Year” for the hospitality category. In addition, the hotel achieved meaningful paper and water conservation results in 2012.