Whistler Family Travel
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler mountain resort offers a variety of services to assist you in planning your next family vacation to Whistler, BC.
For additional details on family entertainment and special hotel promotions, visit our dedicated Whistler Family Fun Activities page.
- Cribs are available upon request
- Connected rooms, based on availability
Activities - located on-site at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort
- Biking (BMW Valley Trail bikes - complimentary for Fairmont President's Club guests)
- Golf (Juniors golf for free with a paying adult)
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides
- Selection of games including Scrabble, Monopoly, Snakes & Ladders. For a backyard adventures, Croquet equipment and sport items (soccer balls, Frisbees, Bocce) are available
- Swimming (indoor/outdoor wading pool and lap pool
Activities - located nearby The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort
- Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb Resort including specially designed terrain gardens and family zones with an enchanted Tree Fort and Magic Castle
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountaintop Sightseeing – PEAK 2 PEAK
- Blackcomb Adventure Zone activities include Balloon Slide & Castle; Bungy Trampoline; Climbing Wall; Horseback riding; Mini Golf and the Westcoaster Luge
More kids' activities and fun things to do in Whistler can been seen under Whistler Activities.
- Pool - Hours of Operation: 5:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.; pool toys are available
- Kids welcome amenity
- Child-sized bathrobes
- Complimentary Babies & Tots Amenity Kit (starting Summer 2012)
Amenity kits include an Ollie the Otter stuffed animal, no-tears hair wash, cleansing soap, toothbrush & paste, bubble bath and gentle lotion.
Babysitting services are available through Babysitting Whistler and the Nanny Network. See complete listing under Babysitting.
For further assistance, please contact The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Concierge desk at 604 938 2006.
At all Fairmont hotels, kids aged 5 and under eat free off the children’s menu while kids aged 6-12 eat for half price off the regular menu. This is available in The Wildflower only.
New this year: The expansion of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts' Lifestyle Cuisine program to children’s menus - offering a healthy twist on the usual kid-friendly favorites such as chicken strips, pizza, spaghetti with meatballs and even chocolate mousse. Chefs have swapped out refined flour for whole wheat, incorporating fruits and vegetables into recipes to help meet the recommended daily fiber allowance, and employing alternative cooking methods to help ensure healthier choices are made available to young diners.
The Wildflower Restaurant
Open for breakfast, dinner and Sunday Brunch (seasonally), The Wildflower's casual setting is the ideal Whistler family restaurant. Children aged 6 - 12 can choose from the children’s menu or receive 50% off the regular adult menu. The Wildflower's family restaurant offers are available for Fairmont hotel guests only and available only in The Wildflower Restaurant.
To learn more, visit Family Dining for details on other children's menus at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Photos courtesy of Tourism Whistler | Mike Crane Photography