The closest airport to The Fairmont Banff Springs is Calgary International Airport (YYC).
Calgary International Airport (YYC) is located approximately 80 miles (130 km) East of the resort. Most major airline carriers fly into Calgary.
- Air Canada 1 (888) 247-2262
- WestJet 1 (888) 937-8538
- American Airlines 1 (800) 433-7300
- Delta Airlines 1 (800) 221-1212
- United Airlines 1 (800) 538-2929
- British Airways 1 (800) 247 9297
- KLM Airlines 1 (866) 434 0321
- Shuttle vans are available from the Calgary International Airport to The Fairmont Banff Springs with regularly scheduled service. Reservations are required a minimum of 24-hours in advance.
- Rates include GST (Goods and Services Tax), but do not include the National Park entrance fee.
- Schedules and rates are subject to change without notice.
- Shuttle service provided by Banff Airporter or Brewster
Please email the Concierge for current schedules and pricing
Taxi and Limousine
- Our Concierge will be pleased to assist you with reservations for limousine services.
- Taxi rate from Calgary International Airport start at approximately $215 (plus taxes and gratuity one way).
- Rates from Calgary International Airport start at $360 Sedan (one way including taxes and gratuity)
- Contact (403) 762-6895 for Hotel Concierge
- Alpine Limousine
- Highland Executive Chauffeur
- Local taxi service is readily available in the town of Banff
*Rates and schedule are subject to change without notice.
Bus Service in Banff
- There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff.
- Fare is $2.00 per person.
- The bus operates daily from 6:35am until 11:15pm. See the concierge desk for a town bus schedules which are subject to change without notice.
All major car rental agencies are represented at the Calgary International Airport, and some are in the Banff town site.
Reservations are required.
There is a Hertz office located in The Fairmont Banff Springs.
|AVIS||Canada/U.S.||Toll Free 1 (800) 879-2847|
| ||International||(918) 664-4600|
|Budget||Worldwide||1 (800) 268-8900|
|Dollar||Worldwide||1 (800) 800-4000|
|Hertz||Canada/U.S.||Toll Free 1 (800) 263-0600|
| ||U.K. Reservations||(181) 679-1799|
|Thrifty||Canada/U.S.||Toll Free 1(800) 367-2277|
| ||U.K. Reservations||(494) 422-1100|
|Tilden||Canada/U.S.||Toll Free 1 (800) 387-4747|
| ||U.K. Reservations||Call Euro Car|
From Calgary International Airport
(about 1 hour 45 minutes)
- The Calgary International Airport is in the north eastern quarter of the city of Calgary. All directions to Banff will require travel westward.
- Depart the Calgary International Airport. At the first intersection (there is a Husky station on the left hand corner) turn left (North) onto Barlow Trail.
- Follow Barlow Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Airport Trail.Turn left (West) onto Airport Trail.Continue driving on Airport Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Turn right (North) onto Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Continue North on Deerfoot Trail for about 5 minutes, then exit onto Stoney Trail West. Continue on Stoney Trail for approximately 20 minutes until you reach Highway #1 (also know as 16th Ave.).
- Continue on Highway#1 for approximately 1-hour until you reach the Banff National Park entrance gates. The gates are open 24-hours as all visitors to the park are required to pay an access fee ($9/person/day).
- Once you have passed through the park gates, continue driving West for approximately 10 minutes until you reach the first exit to Banff (noted as Banff/ Minnewanka Loop).
- Once you have taken the Banff exit, turn left at the stop sign onto Banff Avenue and continue straight. You will drive through the town of Banff until you reach the Bow River Bridge. Cross the bridge and at its end turn left onto Spray Avenue and stay to the left on this road until you reach its end at which the Fairmont Banff Springs is located.
**There is a fee to obtain your park pass when entering into Banff National Park. For fee information go to www.parkscanada.gc.ca **
Parks Canada Pass
Visiting the Park? You can now purchase your Park Pass online
The hotel's parking is located beside the Convention Center. It is a three-level roofed parkade with 415 parking spaces:
- Self-parking: $25 CAD/night, with unlimited access
- Valet service: $35 CAD/night, with unlimited access
- Electric Vehicles - complimentary
The Fairmont Banff Springs along with Sun Country Highway Ltd, a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging stations has installed Banff's first electric vehicle charging station, in the hotel's parkade. The Fairmont Banff Springs is pleased to offer complimentary self parking and complimentary charging for all electric vehicles of our guests.
Explore Canada's Castle in the Rockies with our hotel map