Jasper Skiing & Snowboarding Information
Marmot Basin ski area is now open for the season.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers truly memorable Jasper ski and snowboard getaways. Less than 20 minutes away, Marmot Basin beckons with 4 mountain faces, incredible glades, stunning views and a reputation for small crowds. The new installation of the longest high-speed quad chair in the Canadian Rockies means less time waiting in lines and more time spent on the slopes.
Boasting 86 named ski trails, open bowl skiing, uncrowded groomed slopes, superb facilities, 1,675 acres of skiable terrain, when you ski Jasper at Marmot Basin, you’ll find something for everyone! Marmot Basin is one of the least crowded ski areas of it's size in all of North America. From long, gentle winding novice runs, to steep, high alpine bowls and chutes, skiers and snowboarders of all abilities will find what they are looking for. Marmot Basin is located only 11 miles (19 km) from Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. Rentals, ski shop and daycare are available at the hill.
To view our Jasper Skiing & Snowboarding videos and book activities visit Fairmont's Mountain-Resorts website.
- 20-minute drive from Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Shuttle service from the hotel is available
- Telephone: (780) 852-3816
- Visit the Marmot Basin website for more information
- Vertical drop: 3,000 ft. (914 m)
- Top elevation: 8,570 ft. (2,612 m)
- Number of trails: 86
- Longest trail: 3.5 miles (5.6 km)
- Acreage: 1,675 acres
- Lifts: 7 lifts (three high speed quad chairs, one quad chair, one triple chair, one double chair and one magic carpet)
- Average snowfall: 160 in. (400 cm) per season
- Terrain: 30% Novice, 30% Intermediate, 20% Advanced and 20% Expert; evenly split on upper and lower mountain
- Average Temperature: January -11°C / 12°F, February -3°C / 27°F, March +1°C / 34°F, April +6°C / 43°F
For guests who would like to ski the Canadian Rockies, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge provides transportation services seven days a week:
Tickets: $12.00 one way or $20.00 round trip
Departs: 8:15 am, 10:30 am.
Returns: 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm.
Times subject to change
For additional information about Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Snow Shuttle, please contact our Concierge.
- Available on from December to April (weather depending)
- Guests can rent skis at the Winter Activity Rental Shop
- There are over 62 miles (100 km) of groomed trails within one hour of Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Ice Skate and Snowshoe Rentals
We offer a variety of rental equipment including snowshoes, ice skates and toboggans. Located at the Winter Activity Rental Shop.
Discover our Jasper Ski Packages at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.