El Camaleón Riviera Maya Golf Club
Winding under a forest canopy and through the tropical landscape, El Camaleón golf course in Playa del Carmen is unique, not just to Mexico but to the entire world of golf. Here, golf enthusiasts of all skill levels can experience the essence of a pristine and natural landscape on our Riviera Maya golf course, recognized by the Audubon Society.
Like the chameleon from which it takes its name, the over 7,000 yards (6,400 meters) course designed by golf great Greg Norman, El Camaleón golf course offers up ever-changing challenges and alluring vistas: fairways lined with sand dunes and mangroves, distinctive hazards such as cenotes (subterranean caves) and crystal-clear lagoons, and greens perched on the edge of the Caribbean Sea.
- 18 holes
- Par 72
- Four sets of tees
- Over 7,000 yards from the professional tee
- 100% Paspalum grass
- Two breathtaking seaside holes
- Water comes into play on all but three holes
- Four cenotes (natural subterranean caves) also come into play
- Driving range and putting and pitching green
- All golf carts are equipped with advanced GPS yardage and golfer assistance systems. Golfers can keep score electronically, monitor scores in other groups and even order food and beverages from their cart!
- Shower/locker facilities
- Golf Shop
- Restaurant and Snack Bar
- Tournament Services
Please visit El Camaleón's website for more information.
The Jim McLean Golf School
The Mayakoba Resort community features the first and only, state-of-the-art Jim McLean Golf School in Mexico. Facilities include a two-bay SuperStation (with the ability to expand to three bays at a moment’s notice). Students will benefit from the latest technology in golf analysis computer software as well as highly personalized instruction programs crafted by certified Jim McLean Master Instructors.