Green Initiatives and Community Involvement
Fairmont Vancouver Airport is committed to environmental protection and active in many green initiatives. Our Sustainability Committee leads the way by striving for environmental improvements both internally with hotel operations and externally on projects within our local community.
Fairmont Vancouver Airport focuses on four key areas that can have a significant impact: responsible business, ecosystem, environment and engagement. Colleagues at Fairmont Vancouver Airport - lead by the Sustainability Committee - are proud to make an environmental difference in everything we do.
The Honey Bees
Fairmont Vancouver Airport's honey bees are located at YVR's McDonald Beach Park. The million bees are hard at work producing the 'liquid gold' that is available for purchase at the hotel. This tasty nectar is featured in both food and drink recipes at our signature restaurant, Globe@YVR and Jetside Bar.
OUR LOCAL PARTNERSHIPS
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- YVR "Clear Skies Award" in 2011 + 2013 for demonstrating outstanding commitments to reducing environmental impacts at work
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Environmental Hotel of the Year 2006, Evergreen Category
- Recognition of energy conservation excellence by BC Hydro Power Smart program
- 4 Green Key Eco-Rating, Hotel Association of Canada since 2004
- 2014 TripAdvisor Green Leader Silver
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2009 by MacLean's Magazine Green issue
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts achieves World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Climate Savers Program targets, reducing its operational CO2 emissions by 20 per cent below 2006 levels
Download more information about our Environment Programs in a PDF format.
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS' SUSTAINABILITY PARTNERSHIP
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has been a global leader in responsible tourism for over two decades. During this time, we have strived to minimize our impact on the planet through our award-winning Green Partnership Program as well as numerous activities and initiatives put forth at the hotel level. With global growth came the need to revisit the program and take it to the next level – encompassing social and economic issues in addition to environmental matters.
In early 2013, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts again raised the bar with the introduction of the Fairmont Sustainability Partnership. Expanding its scope and taking a more holistic approach to operational responsibility, the new program provides greater balance around the company’s economic, environmental and social priorities.
Learn more about: