Green Initiatives and Community Involvement
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is committed to environmental protection and active in many green initiatives. Our Environmental Committee leads the way by striving for environmental improvements both internally with hotel operations and externally on projects within our local community.
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport focuses on four key areas that can have a significant impact: Eco-Cuisine, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency, and Employee Awareness. Colleagues at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport - lead by the Environment Committee - are proud to make an environmental difference in everything we do.
The Honey Bees
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport's honey bees are located at YVR's McDonald Beach Park. The million bees are hard at work producing the 'liquid gold' that is available for purchase at the hotel. During the 2012 harvest season the hotel produced 5000 lb's of honey. Chef Carkner uses it widely throughout many recipes at Globe@YVR Restaurant.
OUR LOCAL PARTNERSHIPS
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- YVR "Clear Skies Award" in 2011 for demonstrating outstanding commitments to reducing environmental impacts at work
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Environmental Hotel of the Year 2006, Evergreen Category
- Recognition of energy conservation excellence by BC Hydro Power Smart program
- 4 Green Key Eco-Rating, Hotel Association of Canada
- 2014 TripAdvisor Green Leader Silver
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2009 by MacLean's Magazine Green issue
Download more information about our Environment Programs in a PDF format.
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS' GREEN PARTNERSHIP
In 1990 the Fairmont Green Partnership program began. It's a comprehensive commitment to minimizing our hotels’ impact on the planet. This green philosophy has grown to become an important core value of our company. Find out more about...