Until May 31, 2017 the hotel will be embarking on Phase Two of our iconic restoration project. During this time, the work will be focused on the north wing, which includes:
- The main lobby
- Pool & Health Club (re-opening May 12, 2017)
- Willow Stream Spa (re-opened April 1, 2017)
- The remaining 229 guest rooms
The newly renovated south wing will remain largely unaffected by the work taking place. Important information to note:
- Our check-in location over this period will be in the Victoria Conference Centre Pavilion located off Douglas Street (please see directions below).
- Pool and Health Club are currently closed for renovations.
- The newly refreshed Willow Stream Spa re-opened its doors on April 1, 2017.
- For all hotel guests we have secured access to the pool and health club at the nearby Parkside Hotel to use at your convenience and transportation to the Parkside Hotel is available upon request. We will also have a selection of cardio equipment available within the hotel.
- Tea at The Empress and Q at The Empress restaurant and bar will remain fully functional and operate at normal hours.
Rest assured, we are making every effort to ensure that any disruption is kept to a minimum throughout this process.
Follow the Trans-Canada Highway (Douglas Street) south past Humboldt Street and turn right immediately after the Victoria Conference Centre. Check-in will be located on your right hand side in the Victoria Conference Centre Pavilion. There will be signage and Fairmont Empress Staff there to assist with luggage, directions and to answer any questions you may have.
See below for information on our newly updated spaces and details about the exciting changes to come.
We are very excited to reveal completely the new and inspired Fairmont Empress in June 2017. Our goal is to deliver extraordinary services and experiences under all circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns prior to your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. Email us or by phone at 250 384 8111