Getting Married in Barbados
It is very easy to get married in Barbados, as there is no waiting period or minimum length of stay required.
Application for a Barbados marriage license must be made in person, by both parties, at the Ministry of Home Affairs with the relevant documents to present to the officer. This is located in Wildey, St. Michael, approximately a 30-minute drive from the hotel.
- Valid passports or the original or certified copies of the applicant's birth certificates.
- If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate, and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgment, not the Decree Nisi.
- For Jewish weddings, the couple must bring their own Rabbi, as there are none on the island.
- All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- If neither party is a citizen or resident of Barbados - US$75 cash and a local BDS$25 stamp (included in hotel's wedding package)
- Arrangements should be made with a local Minister of Religion or a Magistrate prior to the completion of an application form for a license. (included in hotel's wedding package)
- A marriage can be solemnized immediately after the issue of the license.
To book any of our Barbdaos wedding packages please contact our in-house wedding specialists Catherine Mapp Catherine.email@example.com or call us in Barbados at (246) 422 5555.