Fairmont’s Charitable Program
Each Fairmont property is part of a larger community that has its own unique character and needs. We endeavor to be good citizens by partnering with innovative local charities and reaching out to lend a hand in creative and meaningful ways. In addition to significant financial support, Fairmont goes beyond the expected with our hands-on approach, connecting with those in need through a wide variety of volunteer activities. Above all else, through our outreach, we demonstrate the utmost respect for the people and cultures of the communities we call home.
Giving back to our communities is an element of Fairmont’s fiber. Because we live, work and play in our communities, our employees take social responsibility seriously by volunteering locally. Staff members worldwide contribute nearly 15,000 volunteer hours annually through our Hotel Giving Programs with environmental clean-up days, spearheading food drives, educating children in nutrition and organic gardening, and working in neighborhood youth centers.
The Charitable Program has goals at both the corporate and property level.
At the corporate level, it guides us in how we can:
- Engage and support the stakeholders who are impacted by our operations in a more holistic and collaborative manner
- Identify, and focus our efforts on both local and global issues that speak to the nature of our industry
- Create global partnerships with organizations whose goals and objectives mirror those we have identified as being areas of focus for our brand
At the property level, it provides guidelines to the property’s Sustainability Team in terms of:
- Identifying, monitoring and tracking local initiatives that are most applicable within the program parameters, communicating the property’s charitable initiatives both internally and externally, and promoting colleague involvement in initiatives that will make a difference in the communities of these destinations
- Building strong and lasting relationships with the community in which the property operates
- Demonstrating Leadership and identifying and providing genuine and meaningful experiences to our guests