At Fairmont Pittsburgh, we believe meetings and conferences can have a positive impact beyond the meeting room, as today’s responsible companies and planners endeavor to seek out opportunities to give something back to their meeting destinations. Our creative event planners custom tailor programs to meet the needs of your busy group while at the same time offering unique opportunities to positively impact our community.
Fairmont Pittsburgh is also proud to be the city's first luxury hotel to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification at the Gold level from the U.S. Green Buildings Council. From water conserving features and state-of-the-art recycling systems, to the local artwork displayed throughout the hotel, Fairmont Pittsburgh is committed to environmental initiatives and the community that we call home.
We offer planners the opportunity to:
- minimize their meeting footprint with Eco-Meet, our exclusive green conference planning option that lessens the environmental impact of the meeting through reduced resource consumption
Click here to view the Hotel Green Initiatives
- give back on a more personal level through one of our hands-on volunteerism programs that allow meeting planners and their guests to bond as a team through shared community outreach excursions such as assembling educational "veggie packets" for low income families to promote healthy living with Grow Pittsburgh
Click here to view the Hotel Volunteers Option
- designate 10% of guest room revenue to either a local charity supported by Fairmont Pittsburgh and aligned with Fairmont’s commitment to community well-being and environmental sustainability, or to one that resonates more closely with their guests. On a local level, Fairmont Pittsburgh partners with:
- Grow Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Grater Pittsburgh Literacy Council
Click here to view the Meetings that Matter Promotion
- enjoy fresh, seasonal and local cuisine sourced from over 40 local farmers and vendors in Western Pennsylvania
- discover Pittsburgh's past and its promising future on our Art & Industry Tour. Guests will tour the nineteenth century artifacts recovered from the site of the hotel during excavation and learn about the local artwork displayed throughout Fairmont Pittsburgh
- Take Fairmont Pittsburgh's Green Tour and learn about the green initiatives and architecture of a LEED certified property
At Fairmont Pittsburgh, Meetings that Matter is more than just a phrase. We invite you to learn more about our corporate commitment.