Weddings performed in the Catholic Church must be done in accordance with the rules and practices of the Catholic Church of Canada.
- A minimum of six months notice before the wedding is required. Please contact the parish priest as soon as possible - preferably before finalizing other arrangements.
- The Church you intend to marry in, if it is not the church you attend on a regular basis, will need an authorization letter from your parish priest allowing the church to marry you out of your regular parish.
- The Church also requires a recent (dated no earlier than six months) baptismal certificate from the church at which your baptism took place.
- The Church requires couples to engage in a process of marriage preparation. Normally this involves several meetings with the parish priest.
- In cases where one party is divorced, they may not be remarried in the Catholic Church.
- There is a fee of $175 CAD for the use of the church, to help defray the costs of upkeep.
- All ceremonies of the Catholic religion must be performed inside a Catholic Church and not on the grounds of the hotel.
We hope this information will be of help to you in planning your wedding. Should you wish to explore further the possibility of being married at the Catholic Church of Montebello, please call the rectory at (819)423-6686.